6

Ari looks at me seriously. "Name?"

"Kensi Thomas" I can't help but roll my eyes still a little irritated about what happened earlier.

Ari smirks "How long have you and your husband been together?"

"7 years." I say with a sly smile feeling the need to push his buttons a bit.

"State of birth?"

"Tennessee."

"Where did you meet?"

"On a dig site between a lot of old human bones it was very romantic." I say sarcastically.

"Loose the attitude."

"What want me to just be smiles and sparkles, you would have never married me if I was."

"Same goes for the sarcasm Bekah." I can't help but smirk.

"Ohh it's Bekah now huh? I hope Guy is more fun then Ari seems to be." I can see the other guys are trying to hold their laughs.

He throws me the passport not giving me another look as he moves on to Rachel.

"Name."

"Angela Bluchel. Born Dusseldorf, May 5th, 1952. Only child." He throws her passport in front of her.

"Address." He says annoyed.

"Uh..."

"Don't hesitate.You hesitate, you're dead."

"Address." Ari asks giving Rachel a second chance for her to get it right.

"Glashutte Landsterstrasse,
number 9." He moves on throwing Jake his passport who begins to speak.

"Luca Morano. Egidio Galbani Street, Rome."

"I didn't ask for your address. Don't offer information." Was it me or was Ari having a different attitude right now hoping he isn't being an ass to them because of me and it's just mission leadership or something.

"Parents' names."

"Eduarda and Antonello Morano."

"Elementary school."

"Deldago School."

"Delgado School." Ari corrects Jake.

"Delgado School."

"Sammy." He says throwing the passport in front of him.

"Name. Where are you from?"

"I'm Liam Anderson. Australia." Damn the accent he did and so easy like he just pulled it out of his pocket.

"First girlfriend."

"Mary."

"Tell me about her."

"Mary Rose. Took my virginity and broke my heart. We met at the University of Queensland in Brisbane. I was 19. Later died in a car accident."

"It's good. Good work, Sammy." Somehow I feel there is more meaning to what Ari said.

"Woah Sam nice accent." I say looking impressed.

"I could teach ya if you want." The accent still going strong.

"Nah I'm good I like keeping it southern not to far from home." I laughed.

"Well let me know if ya change your mind." I nod.

"You're up." Ari says to Max throwing the passport and glaring between me and Sam.

"I still think this is a stupid name for someone from Malta. Why Malta?"

"Max." Ari starts and Rachel laughs as Ari continues. "When you learn a second language, that's where you can be from. Till then you're from Malta. No one knows what people from Malta speak."

"What do people speak in Malta?" Rachel asks still laughing.

"Maltese." Sam tells Rachel.

"I think so plus it's sounds logical." I add

"See, no one knows, that's the point. Name." Ari cuts in.

Hello, everybody, my name's Irving Wilmington...(Laughing)...and I'm from Malta." Hey says with a weird voice.

We all start laughing even Ari is joining in. I really like seeing him laugh it looks really good on him. His face completely changes as he laughed and I really want to see that more often.

You think this is funny? Ethan says looking pissed off and we all turn quiet and serious again. "Just for the record, there's not one person in this group that I would have chosen for this type of mission. You're all too reckless. Yes even you Cohen. I've gone against every instinct I know. Broken every risk management rule I believe in, including sending not one but two women to a Muslim country. So let's be very clear. This mission has no backup. There's no exfil plan for you. You're going in without guns, or any other weapon. If this goes wrong, you'll all be hanging from cranes in Khartoum."

Nobody dares to speak as Ethan leaves the room. I understand his reaction I really do but we are also human and I'm sure nobody will be laughing when it really matters.

"You all can leave except for Cohen." Ari says.

"Uh--oh." Jake says as they all get up and leave.

It's just me and Ari right now and he takes a seat opposite of me. I don't know if I'm right but it looks like he is not really sure what he wants to say so to get this akward silence out of the way I start. "Are you alright Ari?"

He looks at me his face starting to relax a bit. "Yeah I'm good. It's just I'm wondering. Just for the sake of the mission. Do you dislike me?"

I'm actually a little surprised by this question. "What! No. No why do you think that?"

"Your giving me a hard time attitude and all." He looks incicure, the great Ari Levinson has incicurities.

He takes 3 rings out of his pocket and puts them on the table in front of him. I start smiling. "That actually means I do like you silly."

He looks relieved I get up and move to the seat next to him. "Alright good, that makes this easier cause I like you too."

I grab his hand from the table and hold it. "I'm actually pleased it's you I'm fake married to Ari because I feel I can be myself around you attitude and all even tho I haven't figured you out."

He chuckles. "That's not going to be easy." He grabbed 2 rings from the table with his free hand and holds my ring finger. "With these rings I make you my wife Mrs Thomas." And I nod letting him know he can slide the rings on my finger.

He grabbed the last ring from the table and wants to slide it on himself but I stop him, he gives me the ring as I slide it on his finger and say. "With this ring I make you my husband Mr Thomas you may now kiss your bride."

A smirk grows on his lips as he slowly cups my face with both hands. He is making my heart beat so much faster and I'm having trouble keeping my breathing in check.

He looks me deep in the eyes as he moves his face towards mine slowly. I swallow nervously just before I feel his soft lips on mine.