13

Not far off I run into Jake and he stops me. "Hey, what's going on? Did Sammy say something? I saw you two talk."

I'm trying to hide my crying face, but I fail terribly. Not even knowing why I'm crying Jake hugs me and there is no stopping it now.

"Stop. Leave her alone you done enough Sam." I hear Jake say.

"What is going on?" I hear Ari's voice.

"You better ask Sam, he did this." Jake awnsers.

"What the hell Sammy, what did you do?" Ari yells.

"Come let's go walk for a little bit." Jake says making me walk with him away from Sam and Ari.

"What nothing I just told her the truth." I hear Sam say.

"And what truth might that be Sammy?" As their voices getting quieter I can still hear Ari is furious.

I take a deep breath when I'm no longer able to hear the argument and Jake sits us down on the beach near the water. I take off my sandals and let the last bits of waves that hit the shoreline reach my feet. We stay quiet for a little while just listening to the ocean.

"I don't know what is going on between Ari and Sam but just know it has nothing to do with you." Jake says reassuringly.

"Whatever it is Sammy needs to leave me out of it. Maybe they should just let their fists settled it." Jake laughs. I look at him. "Isn't that what you 'men' do?"

"Sometimes yeah." He nods as he gets up. "Chill out for a bit while I go see if they didn't kill each other."

I look at Jake with a smile. "Yeah thank you."

"No worries." He nods and walks back towards the resort.

I take a deep breath while looking at the water getting lost in thoughts, thinking about all the reasons I shouldn't let things between Ari and me evolve. Maybe he is just using me to get Ethan off his back.

I don't know how long I had been sitting in the same spot when his voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "Sweetheart, you okay?"

He sounds really concerned and that actually makes me want to start crying again. I turn my head to face him as he sits down in the sand next to me. "I don't really know to be honest."

"You can talk to me." Ari says with a small smile. "I'm sorry about Sammy, he should have left you alone. This wasn't about you."

"Did you guys fight."

"No, just yelling. It's kinda sorted, I guess. Look this really wasn't about you. Ever since our last mission it's been difficult between us, he doesn't like how I do things anymore."

"Then why did he come here with you?"

"Cause he knows that what we are doing is important and I am very persuasive." I chuckle. "Look I haven't had the chance to tell Sam about the divorce, so he did really wanted to warn you although he probably had alternate motives."

"So do you do this kind of thing a lot on missions?"

"What things?"

"Well seducing women or cheating? Although your not right now cause of the divorce."

He cups my face to look at me, his eyes focused on mine. "No I don't. I never did, I promise you are the first and the only one." And plants a sweet kiss on my lips.

"The only one huh?"

"Yeah I really like you, I feel you understand me, understand what I'm doing and that I need to do this no matter what." He is right I do understand him cause I think the same although I don't intend to do this until I die.

"I think I do, although I don't know a lot about you."

"You can ask me anything." He says as he moves himself behind me so I can sit with my back against his chest.

"Well I rather have you start with telling me whatever you want to share about you, but I do have one thing to ask you."  He nods. "Look it's not that I don't like that side of you but I really don't want you to ever do what you did with me after we left the boat."

"What you never want me to make you cum again." I can feel him laugh a bit.

"Ari " I roll my eyes. "I'm serious." He holds up his hands in defeat. "I never want you to use sexual activities like that to get your way in how to run this mission. That isn't fair at all and you can't use me like that ever again."

"Alright, yes. You are right. I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have done that. I was really angry didn't like you siding with Sammy and wanted to talk to you about it in private, but you where so sexy on the boat not agreeing with me. I couldn't stop myself from wanting to see you in pure pleasure because of me. It's no excuse I know and I promise it will never happen again." He kisses my temple and I relax in his arms. "Did I ever tell you my mother was on The Exodus?"

"I thought she was from America."

"My real mother. After they took my father, she boarded with the other survivors and set with nothing. Just clothes on her back and... A little four-year-old boy. They sailed for weeks. Finally reached the promised land, the Brits didn't let them in, they turned them away. Young British officer felt sorry for her. Agreed to hide me. She gave me up."

"No, she saved you. And all those people you save. You wouldn't have been here doing what you are doing."

"British officer met an American volunteer and... We moved to New York when I was seven. New parents, new life. Moved back to Israel the day I turned 18."

"I'm sure she is very proud of what you have become and what you are doing."

"You think so? Even if that means being divorced and a father that is barely present."

"Of course. We aren't perfect. Nobody is, but you're doing this for the right reasons. I'm sure Maja will understand eventually and just make sure you spend time with her when you can, it's not going to be easy and you might not have the greatest relationship for some time..... I know it's not the same but my parents weren't always actively present either, but I understood eventually and I accepted that."

"Tell me about you." He says while kissing my temple.

"Not much to tell. I grew up in Newport, California Dad a lawyer who grew up in the Bronx, Mom a workaholic working in my Grandpa's Real Estate Company, They met at Berkeley it's really cute actually. My brother is a really sweet quiet dork, basically the opposite of me. I was always on the move really didn't belong in that lifestyle and rebelled against it, always in a good way making sure the rules I broke nobody knew about. I joined the military as soon as I could, worked my ass off and eventually was picked up by The Mossad."

"And your parents where alright with that?"

"They didn't have a choice, they knew that I wouldn't be happy otherwise. My Dad worries the most. I'm still his little girl, guess that will never change and the fact he rather have me married and settled now." I chuckle.

"Maybe one day you feel you can stop moving and settle down."

"Maybe. Probably not, but maybe."

As a comfortable silence now find us we sit watching the beautiful sunset.