2

An hour later I find myself happily sitting on that ugly green sofa in Ethan's office trying very hard to hide my exitment because I know he has something to do for me and my time off has come to an end. I wouldn't be me if I didn't try to at least be a little difficult just for the fun if it.

"So Ethan why am I here this late and I though you promised me a vacation." I say in the most sarcastic tone and a very satisfying grin on my face.

"Bekah I know you don't like time off so don't pretend you're not over the moon and happy I called you in here." His tone matching mine him totally aware of my behavior.

He hands me a glass filled with a beautiful brown liquid and I know this stuff is going to taste amazing.

"Well I must admit Ethan you have the good stuff so I'm always happy to be here." I take a sip with a very happy look on my face.

"Always motivated by alcohol or assignments." He shakes his head and I raise my brow.

"You know the way to my heart Ethan." I say giving him a wink and I can see a little smile forming on his face.

From day one Ethan and I had this banter although it wasn't always banter but I have learned exactly how far I can go and when to stop. The only reason he doesn't see it as insubordination is because he knows it's just an act. To everyone else I'm basically just a annoying stubborn agent with a big mouth who doesn't work well with others. Of course there is definitely a truth too that but Ethan knows why I keep up this front and he chooses my missions and assignments carefully.

"Anyway I need your help with something and it can't wait." I know at the tone he uses he hates to admit that he is taking my mandatory vacay away.

"So basically time off is only mandatory when it's convenient for the boss." I smirk when I say that.

"I could ask someone else." He says while smiling because we both know he can't

"We both know you would have done so if that was possible but honestly I don't think I have time to help you I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow."

He just looks as me with a face that I know very well and means I need to stop pushing his buttons, so for now I'll try to keep myself in check.

"Okay. Okay." I raise my hands in defeat. "So...... where or with what do you need me?"

"Right here to be honest and with a whom not a what. I need to you keep an agent in check." He looks at me knowing I'm gonna blow

"Wait what you want me to babysit some incompetent agent. Me? (Pointing at myself) Why just not fire them?" I can't believe him right now.

"Believe me we have tried, this one is a difficult one to get rid off. He is much like you to be honest."

It doesn't take me long to figure out who he is talking about the man has quite the reputation and Ethan has been ranting about him a couple of times to me.

"What you want me to babysit agent Levinson. Nooo. No you got to be kidding me. I'm sorry Ethan but I'm not doing that."

"You don't even know him." I scoff as response.

"Well his reputation speaks enough that I don't want to have anything to do with him so I'm going to enjoy that great vacation and you can find someone else." I want to get up and leave but the look in his eyes show me he really needs help and as much as I want to pretend how though I am, sometimes I just can't help but let out my humanity. So I stay put and let him speak.

"Please you are the only one who I think could even handle him plus he could be here any moment and I would like for him to think he needs to keep an eye on you." Him using please means I'm his last hope plus I know I'm actually trapped now.

"Ffs Ethan really? Please? No!" I can't make it to easy for him or let him know that I would even do this to just not be stuck on time off.

"If you want to have a chance to do a mission on your own again you do this for me." He says satisfied knowing I'll do it.

"This.... You know it's considered blackmail?" I say trying to see what I can get in return.

Again that Ethan look to stop pushing and I know the only thing I'm getting is a worthless assignment but it beats having the walls creap up on me.

"How long before he arrives."

"Any minute."

"Then you better keep the alcohol coming if I need to pretend being the one being babysat and turn the news up please."