16

Ari POV

"That I had lost you before I even had you." That last statement is what gets me the most. It's what makes me realize she doesn't know how I feel about her.

I take a step towards her so I can wrap my arms around her, she is fighting to get out, but I know that if I let her go I will never have her the way I need her.

I hold her tight just so she can't get out and wait for her to be too tired to fight and give in. I'm happy it doesn't take long, I whisper in her ear. "You already have me Bekah. I have been yours since the day we first met in Ethan's office."

She tensed up at first but as soon as she realizes what I said I feel her relax and wrap her arms around me. I can feel she has the need to be closer to me more than we are now. I take her arms and put them around my neck. "Hold on." I tell her as I lift her up by her tights and she wraps her legs around my waist.

She is so light and I think of all the ways I could make her feel how much I feel for her, how much I need her and how much I want her. I could easily manhandle her and fold her is all kinds of positions. 'Damn Ari this is not about lust, tonight it's all about making her realize what you feel for her.' I think to myself.

She nuzzles her face in my neck and I walk us towards our quartes. I realize that if we would fall asleep like this tonight it would be enough, as much as I would want to make our connection deeper and I need to feel how she would feel around me, it's not about me right now. My needs can wait she is my priority, her needs are my priority.

I don't understand how she does this to me I never had the need to please and make someone feel happy as much as I need with her. I never gotten enough from just nights of cuddling or making out. Of course I want to have sex with her, make love to her, or just pound her like my life depends on it, but I don't need it. I don't need to give in to lust, I just need to feel close and connected to her, our nights of watching the sunset gave me that, our hours of talk made us bond on a deeper level.

I never had this with Sarah. Yes I loved her and she is the mother of my child so I would always feel some sort of way about her. This is so different from what Sarah and I had even in the beginning of our relationship, it just doesn't compare to what Bekah and I already share.

It's not because Bekah understands how much I need to save these refugees and would never ask me to give it up. It's helping yeah, but not the main reason. I don't know how but from the first moment I looked at her and she looked at me in Ethan's office, she saw me. It's like she looked at me and looked straight through me and saw the real Ari and not all my alter egos I have had over the years including the one I had with Sarah.

I always felt the need to protect myself from not being given up again. It's not easy to admit but I have always been afraid to be left or not being good enough. I guess that's why I stayed so long with Sarah, she didn't give up so fast.

The feeling someone is finally seeing me and accepting me brings out a side of me I didn't know I had, I didn't know I needed this, to care for her on this level, have her needs put before mine because that is what I need.

I get to the door of our quartes and she is still relaxed wrapped around me. I open the door and close it, lock it. I walk us to the bed and I sit down on it, she doesn't move. "Sweetheart. Are you still awake." I ask her stroking her back with my hands. She tries to crawl closer to me and I let out a chuckle. "Hey beautiful you can't get any closer than this you know."

She whines. "I don't want to let go."

"You don't have to Sweetheart." I let out a breathe of contentment. "Would you mind if I take off my shoes so that we can move on the bed."

"Can you do that with me staying like this." She holds on thighter, like she is afraid to let go.

With an amused smile on my face I chuckle again. "No baby but I promise as soon as I'm done you can go right back."

"Promise." She ask for confirmation. It makes me realize that she also finally finds a side to herself she has never let out, cause this is definitely not how anyone who knows her expect her to react.

"Let's make a deal." I kiss her shoulder.

"If it involves me moving I'm not doing it."

"Listen to me Little One." In an instant she is sitting up, looking me in the eyes. Waiting for me to tell her what to do. I don't know why but her reaction means so much to me, more than I can even explain. "Here is the deal. We both get changed in to something way more comfortable than what we are wearing now and I promise we will be right back in this position ASAP."

I see her thinking biting her bottom lip, I free it with my thumb. "Uhmm okay." She says sweetly.

I look at her and give her a sweet kiss on the lips. "Good girl." I help her get off me and the bed, I see a blush on her cheeks and I actually think she is a little ashamed of her reaction.