chapter 2

“He is on his way.” Liam answered.” He is just a bit late, as usual.” I noticed a bit of a skeptic tone in his voice, and Louis rolled his eyes.

“Here he comes now!” Zayn said and mine and Alice’s heads turned towards the door.

Harry walked in with a pair of black ray bans, a burgundy beanie, black shoes and tight black jeans matched with a tight black t-shirt.

“Hi, sorry I’m late” he mumbled in his dark slow voice.

“Yeah, he’s sorry alright” I heard Louis whisper to Niall.

“I’m Harry, pleasure to meet you.” He said as he shook our hands.  At least he had the decency to be nice to us. Alice didn’t seem to care that he was the only one who didn’t give us a hug.

“It’s alright!”She said with a big smile. I guess she just were so happy he showed up at all.

“I’m Alice, and this is my friend Hanna.” Harry looked at both of us, finally removing his sun glasses. “I’m the one who won the competition!” Alice said as she smiled at all of them. “I can’t even describe how long I’ve waited for this moment!”

“Yeah, congratulations, you really deserved to win!” Liam said. “We read your motivation and we were really impressed”

I couldn’t take my eyes of Harry. The other boys seemed genuinely happy to be here, laughing, cracking jokes but he didn’t contribute much to the conversation and I caught him blank staring at the table several times. Alice went on and on, asking questions about tour, personal life and almost everything she had prepared to ask them for so long. God that woman had no intimacy issues. I decided to let her have her moment and let her do most of the talking. I sometimes asked a follow up question or cracked a joke but I concentrated on listening to what they had to say.

They seemed like really good people and were really comfortable with answering questions as honest as possible and patiently let her go on. After we all ordered our food I excused myself and went to the restroom.

I looked myself in the mirror while trying to give my hair some volume. It was hopeless. I sighed, quickly fixed my make-up and opened the door.

There he was, just a few centimeters away from me. He looked at me with his bright green eyes and I couldn’t stop myself.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him as I met his gaze. He was clearly surprised by my direct question since we hadn’t talked at all until now.

“What do you mean? Why should there be something wrong?” He asked me, obviously confused.

“Well, I don’t know but first of all you’ve barely spoken a word since you arrived, late I may add and second of all I can see it in your eyes. “

Whoa, where did that come from? I silently cursed at myself, because this is not the kind of thing you should say to a huge celebrity, least of all to teenage heartthrob Harry Styles. He slid his fingers through his hair, obviously overwhelmed by my accusations.

“Well I’m fine!” He said as he turned around and went into the restroom.

No you’re not, I thought as I made my way back to the table. What could it be that was bothering him? I mean his life is like all men’s dream life, with women throwing themselves at his feet and so much money he could actually buy a small country. Although media hadn’t been very nice to him the last two years, accusing him of being a womanizer, an alcoholic and a pain to the other boys in the group. I sat down and tried to join the conversation but in the back of my mind I still held on to the thought of the look in Harrys eyes when I asked him how he was.