chapter 16

Chapter sixteen

After a long chat with the boys and also the management about what Harry was going to do, we all decided we needed a break from all of the drama. It was Niall who came up with the proposal because we had talked about Harrys situation for hours and still hadn’t figured out how to proceed. I was relieved when he brought up the idea of a night out. He asked me and Harry to join him and Alice and go out for a drink. He insisted that we needed to have fun and to think about something else for a while. We had already overanalyzed and discussed it back and forth and it wasn’t helping anyone. Harry hesitated at first, but Niall convinced him to go.

Since I had spent the night at Harrys place I had to go home, shower and get dressed. I was excited, because I hadn’t been out for a while, if you don’t count Nialls party, and I really wanted to spend more time with Harry. I still hadn't gotten sick of him yet like I tended to do if I was with a person for too long. 

We had about 20 minutes to get ready until the boys were going to pick us up and Alice was freaking out the entire time. I had to yell at her to make her decide on an outfit and to stop fixing her hair. Although her biggest dream had come true, she still wasn’t used to the fact that she was going to meet Niall again; even though she just spent the last two nights with him.

“Hanna do you understand what is happening to me, can you believe it?” She said as we made our way down to the cab.

“I mean I have spent the night with Niall Horan, I mean THE Niall Horan, and it was perfect.” She sighed and grabbed my arm.

“Yes, you can now die a happy woman, I get it!” I said as I rolled my eyes. “Come on now and snap out of it because I want to have a fun night and forget about everything that has happened.”

“Of course, we are going to have so much fun tonight!” She squealed.

I had managed to tell Alice everything about Harry and Leah in the short time that we had and she couldn’t believe it either. She had also assured me that she wouldn’t mention it during the night, because that would just destroy everyone’s mood.

Niall and Harry waited for us in the cab. We had talked about where we would go. It wasn’t like we could go to a normal club or bar or something, so we went to the last place you would think to find One Direction. Liam had told us about little dirty pub just outside of town where only people who had passed the age of fifty went.  All we could hope for was that no one recognized Harry and Niall and called the paparazzi. We all dressed casually, to not draw any attention to us and Harry was looking ridiculously attractive in a grey shirt and a black snapback. The whole cab ride his fingers were intertwined with mine. Niall and Alice cuddled and couldn’t seem to stop gazing at each other.

“I haven’t been to a bar in ages.” I said as we pulled up outside of the pub.

“Me neither.” Harry said. We all looked at him, surprised at his statement. “Well I’ve been to clubs but not to pubs.” He said and shrugged.

“Have you been to clubs?” Niall asked him, purposely emphasizing the irony in the comment. “I thought you never left your apartment! I never see pictures of you in magazines, after you went out drinking or anything.”

“Very funny.” Harry answered and climbed out of the cab.

For once there weren’t any paparazzi outside waiting for us, so we could quietly make our way in.

“I’ve never been here before.” Harry said as he opened the door for us. “Liam has been here though, and he’s never been recognized.”

I could understand why. It was an authentic British pub, with greasy tables and an odd smell. I bet no one here ever heard of One Direction.

“Excuse me; you don’t have any private rooms do you?” Niall asked the bartender.  The old man looked at Niall surprisingly, obviously confused why there was four twenty-year olds standing in his bar.

“Sure, you could have upstairs to yourselves.” He grunted.

“Thanks a lot!” Niall said, while grinning. “And four Guinness please.”

We walked up the stairs and found a small space with a booth and a crooked table.  

“I don’t think that bartender even go up here.” Alice said as she looked around. “This place is gross.”

“Well at least we won’t be recognized” Niall said and smiled at her. “You know if we would go to a big club or something like that it would create a riot.”

“I know I probably would’ve been the one who created it in a different situation.” Alice said while laughing.

It felt relaxing to go out, just talking casually and making stupid jokes. Alice was very calm and relaxed, but I think she still screamed inside of her head. I really hoped that Harry forgot about Leah for a while and was able to enjoy himself. It seemed like he did because he was laughing, joking and telling stories and probably talked most out of all of us. Even more than Alice and that was unusual.

As Alice and Niall had made their way downstairs to buy more beers Harry took my hand in his.

“You know this is weird…” He said as he looked down at our hands. “But I am so glad that Alice is a crazy fan so that I got to meet you.”

“Yes, I am so glad that she is obsessed with a boy band.” I said as I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

“No but seriously Hanna…” He now looked straight into my eyes. “You have been more interested  about me in the last few days than any of the other girls I have dated, combined! I know that you don’t like me for being in One Direction, but you actually like me.”

“What do you mean? I don’t like you.” I said and smirked at him. He laughed and kissed me on the mouth, causing the butterflies in my stomach to go mental.