03

Tom remained awake. A small smile resting on his lips as he peaked back up at Tord. Tord was still asleep. A peaceful look on the leaders face.

"You look less scary when you sleep.." Tom mumbled as he lifted his hand. His hand gently touches Tords scars. His eyes watered. Feeling the skin. It felt torn, and kind of leathery from the burns he had from that god awful day.

"Mm.." Tord hummed as he shifted. He rolled over so his back faced Tom. Tom whimpered quietly. His arms snaking around Tords waist. Laying his head on the communist's back.

Tears rolled down Tom's face. As his grip slightly tightens onto the norsk. Tords eyes fluttered open. Frantically he sat up. Tom moved backwards. Looking at Tords panicked expression.

His eyes scanned over to the night stand and sees his eyepatch, his body imediantly relaxed in relief. "Are you okay?" Tom asks softly and placed a hand on Tords shoulder.

"Yes, I'm fine." Tord says much calmer. He looked downwards at Tom. Tom's heart freezes up when noticed Tords eyes.

The right one was clouded and grey. It was blind. The left was normal red. Tom felt his heart ache as he raised a hand. He cupped Tord's scarred cheek. Which caused the norwegian to tense up.

"It's okay..I, don't hate you anymore." Tom says. Which sounded weird to say, but it was true. He wasn't sure what this feeling he has, but he doesn't want it to go away.

Slowly, Tord leaned his face into the touch. Which caused Tom's heart to flutter. But Tom frowned when he saw tears.

Tord was crying. "O-oh im sorry.." Tom apologized and was about to move his hand, but Tords cold robotic hand went on top of Tom's.

"No..it's okay. I just..miss this type of touch." Tord replied as he closed his eyes. Tears continued to roll down his face. Tom used his other hand and wiped away the norwegians tears.

Tord closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again. Tom's thumb comfortingly carrassed Tord's scarred cheek. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

Tord heard and moved his head back. He then grabbed Tom's hands. "No, I'm sorry." He emphasized. Tom suddenly broke down into tears.

Knowing exactly why Tord is apologizing. Tord brought Tom into a hug. He laid Tom's head on his shoulder as he hugged the man.

"I'm in a complicated situation. There's a side of me, that wants this greed and power..but also, i.. miss how things use to be." Tord explained sadly as a tear drops down his face.

Tom kept his face hidden into Tords shoulder. The goggles read a ":(" for a moment as Tom lifted his head. They returned back to their eyes.

"Then, why? Why continue this?" Tom whispered. Tord lowered his head. His grip tightened on Tom's back. He then laid his chin onto Tom's head.

"Because it's my dream. I always dreamt about running an army and, doing something so big that it involves society. I've had this dream, this goal... whatever it is, for years. Since I was, eight? Yeah.. and now I'm twenty two."

Tom sighed. "That's..a long time." Tord nodded in agreement. "And, I have Edd and Matt in these cells, as long with you previously because I don't want you taking this dream away from me. I worked too hard! I'm not letting it slip out of my finger tips!" Tord shouted the last bit.

Tom pulled away from the hug. He looked up at Tord. "Please calm down Tord.. you're getting angry..." He says softly and placed a hand onto Tords robotic one.

Tord tensed up. "Look at me." Tom commands softly. Tords eyes slowly looked at Tom. "It's okay. I just..want you to let them go."

"What?! No! They can't!" Tord shouted as he shoved Tom back. "I can't trust them.." he mumbled. Tom heard and lowered his head.

"Please Tord! I'll stay! I'll work with you just please let them go!" Tom begged as he covered his face.

"NO! NO...WHY WOULD I JUST, SET THEM FREE?!" Tord shouted out. Tom broke down into tears again. The loudness in Tords voice terrified the male.

Tord grabbed onto Tom's face. Cupping the brits cheeks. Tom felt tears stream down his face.

"At least question them, Tord.."
Tom managed to say. Tord wiped away Tom's tears. "Fine, as long as it stops you from crying. I shall."

Tom's sniffling halted. He looked up at Tord and hugged him.

"Thank you..! Thank you..!" He smiled as he hugged Tord tightly. Tord laid his head on top of Tom's and sighed softly.

"I-..Of course, Thomas. Anything." He responded softly. His arms wrap around Toms waist. Tom shuddered when he felt the coldness of robotic hand.

Tom's heart raced. Slowly, Tord unwrapped his embrace from the brit.
He then got off the bed. Tom furrowed his eyebrows. He watched Tord walk to a drawer and grabbed out a pack of cigars and a lighter.

Opening a window, he sat on the window sill. Letting one of his legs sway outside of the window. He placed a cigar to his lips and lights it.

Tom watched for a moment before getting up. He walked over to Tord. Tord blew out smoke outside the window. Tom laid his head on Tords shoulder.

The two remained quiet, just holding each other as Tord continued to smoke.

Watching the sunrise together.