15

Tord walked to his medical center. He opened the infirmary doors. Medics saluted Tord as Leylah walked over.

"Hello sir, come with me. I can take you where Tom is." Leylah says as she starts to walk. Tord following her. He felt deeply worried about his lover.

His hair was still partly wet from his shower. But he didn't seem to care about it right now. They reached Tom's room.

Leylah opened the door and allowed Tord inside. Tord felt his eyes widen a bit as he walked over to Tom's hospital bed.

As he sat. Leylah followed in behind. "Sir, i need to check your back. Some of the soldiers had burns on their backs while they escaped. So I need to check yours."

"That is fine with me." Tord replied as he held onto Tom's hand. Looking at the heart monitor. Watching the little line signify that Tom's heart was still beating.

Leylah lifted Tords hoodie. She saw some burns, but they weren't as bad. She grabbed out some healing cream and started to place it onto Tords wounds.

Tord gripped onto Tom's hand as he hissed in pain. "Faen! That makes this shit sting like hell." "–Sorry. Gotta deal. It's to help." Leylah remarked in reply with a small laugh.

He groaned as he lowered his gaze to look at Tom. His heart ached to see the position Tom was in. He saw large bandages wrapped around Tom's stomach.

"How long is he supposed to rest in here?.." Tord asked worriedly as Leylah added some large bandaids to Tords back. "Two days, simple recovery. He only got shot twice in his stomach. It didn't hit any organs, just pierced his skin a taaaad bit."

"Ah I see." Tord replied as he rubbed his thumb on top of Tom's hand. Looking at his love.

Leylah got up. "Alright. Leave this bandages on for a day or so. Then It'll heal. Like I said, it wasn't too bad."

"Okay, thanks." Tord replied as Leylah left the room.

Sighing, Tord looked at Tom worriedly. "I'm so sorry min kjære.." he felt his eyes swell up with tears.

A tear rolls down his face as the heart monitor makes quiet beeping sounds in the back. He turned his head as he looked at the sunset that started to happen.

"Days go must faster without you here.." Tord replied as a sob left his lips. He smiled weakly as he looked back at Tom. "Everytime I look at a sunset..I can't help but think about you min kjære."

"I miss you so much.. please wake up." Tord leaned his head down and kissed Tom's forehead. Tears rolled down his face as he sniffled.

"Du betyr alt for meg min kjære."
(You mean everything to me, my love.)

Tord says in Norwegian as he left small kisses on Tom's face.  Tom opened his actual 'eyes' we the goggles read that he opened them. His green digital eyes slowly appeared again instead of an error.

A large crack was in the goggles so it somewhat blurred his vision, but he can still see his surroundings.

"T-Tord?.." Tom says weakly. His vocal cords were strained and sore. Tord gasped as he leaned his head back. He looked at Tom. His heart started to pound in his chest.

"Tom?!.." Tord felt himself tear up again. Tom smiled a bit. "Hey.." he greeted softly.

Tord placed his hands on Tom's cheeks. "I thought you would've died.." "–No honey..I'm right here..I'm not going anywhere...I love you.." Tom says softly.

"I love you too, min kjære." Tord replied as he pecked Toms lips. Tom slowly sat up in his bed and yelped in pain.

"Ow!-" he says as he looked up at Tord. "Im, okay. I'm okay." Tord relaxed his shoulders. "..okay." he replied as he cups Tom's cheeks.

"Please be careful." Tord says in a concerning tone of voice. Tom smiled a bit. "I know Tord, it's okay. Don't worry." "–What?.. Don't worry? Oh Thomas Thompson, don't be foolish! Of course I am worried. Min kjære, you could've died by her."

Tords eyes look over to see Tom's shoulder bandaged as well. "You were shot twice and stabbed in the shoulder..of course I'm going to worry."

Tom frowned at that. He really didn't want Tord to worry. Especially since he has a lot on his plate with work also. "Hon, your work should be your main priority."

Tord shakes his head. "What?! No! Love, no. You're my main priority. You're my main concern. I care for you so much.."

Tom's heart fluttered. He leaned his head up a bit as Tord leaned in. He kissed Tom softly.

Tom returned the kiss. Their lips moving slowly together. Tord pulled away. "Hopefully you recover as quick as you can. I will visit you as much as I can." The norwegian says softly and looks at the brit lovingly.

"Okay Tord..now you should get some sleep. I need the rest too." He says and blinks his digital eyes.

Tord got up and nodded. "I suppose you're correct there my dear. Yes, yes. I  will sleep. Oh! If you're worried about Edd and Matt..I wiped their memories. Im sorry Tom. I was worried about you more and I didn't want to deal with another problem in my hands."

Tom frowned. He felt his 'eyes' under the goggles water as tears started to roll down his face.

"So I didn't get to say goodbye..?" Tom cried out. Tord lowered his head. "I'm sorry my love. I wasn't thinking things through. I didn't take my medication while you were gone..and so my rage the best of me. I'll take it tomorrow, I promise."

Tom sniffled and laid back down. He whined in pain as he nodded. "Okay..please go rest. I have to as well." He mumbled.

Tord nodded as he kissed Tom's head. "I love you." He ghosted on Tom's lips and he walked out of Tom's infirmary room.

He gently closed the door behind himself as he did so.

Tom laid in the hospital bed. He cried. Tears dampening the pillow as he continued to cry.

"I'm gonna miss Edd and Matt... And how things use to be.." Tom mumbled as he looked at the window. Tears continued to roll down his face.

"But it's okay, just like Tord said..
Change is for the better."

Tom sighed. After a little while, he had calmed down. Around his actual 'eyes' were puffy from crying.

"As long as I have him..everything is better." Tom reassured himself as he went to sleep.

Dreaming about Tord.