16

Tord couldn't sleep. He refused too. He can feel the guilt in his chest. He knew he should've waited for Tom to recover before mentioning his old friends. But it slipped off his tongue.

He kept his hands folded behind him as he looked out his large window. No expression of emotions were on his face. Just a plain neutral expression.

He watched as rain started to pour down. Helpless tears rolled down his face. He opened the window. Allowing the cold air enter his office as he exhaled. It was another cold night. Frosty air as he exhaled.

Listening to the rain, he closed his eyes for a moment. Feeling the tension slowly leave off his shoulders. He then opened his eyes.

"I'm so stupid. I saved him, but I broke him also." Tord says out to the cold air. He watched as rain started to make little puddles outside.

Noticing small groups of patrols walking around the base. Guns out at all times.

He clicked his tongue as he slammed his window shut. "How stupid of me. I saved his body but damaged his heart and soul."

"It's too late, I can't recover their memories. I can't...unless." Tord went over to the memory gun. He picked it up.

"Hell, I should've listened to Tom. I should of begged them for forgiveness instead of wiping it out of their memories completely." He noticed a small dial on the gun that said 'recover memories.'

He made an audible gasp. "Maybe I can fix this after all..!" He says in shock. A small smile rising up to his face. He suddenly left his office with the memory gun in his hand.

The base inside was quiet. It was a very silent atmosphere, which Tord indeed adored the peacefulness.

He didn't tell anyone where he was going. Or where he did go. The soldiers outside thought he was just going on a nightly drive.

Until hours passed, and Tord didn't return. It was daylight. According to the clocks, it was now 11AM.

Paul and Patryck we're panicking. Looking around the base. They couldn't find their son.

"We got to tell Tom.." Pat says to Pau. Pau nodded. "You tell him, I have to get a search party started."

They both nodded heads and then ran off in different directions.

Pat ran into the direction to the infirmary. He slammed opened the doors.

"LEYLAH!" Pat screamed out and Leylah rushed into the room. "Yes sir?" She said more calmer. "Is Tom awake?!" Pat asked. Leylah nodded. "Yes I just fed him break–"

She didn't finish her sentence as Pat ran passed her. He opened Tom's door.

Tom got startled by the sudden door opening. He turned his head to look at Patryck. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh hey.." Tom says. Pat felt tears rolled down his face. "Hi, uh..." He cleared his throat and walked over to Tom.

Tom was so confused. "What is it?" He asked as he slowly sat up in his medical bed. He was feeling much better. But he still had to recover for one more day.

"Tords missing." Pat says, his voice cracked. Tom felt a pain in his chest. "M-missing..?" He shakily said.

Pat nodded. "According to security cameras..uh, we saw him leave the base. Get in his car, and drive off. He hasn't returned since."

Tom felt his heart start to break. Tearing up. "N-no..you're lying." Pat shakes his head. "I wouldn't be crying if I was lying, Tom. I don't know where he is. I'm scared, and confused right now as much as you are."

Furrowing his eyebrows, he felt tears roll down his face. "No..he said he wasn't going to leave me..he said he'll visit me everyday until I recover..."

Pat sighed. "How are you feeling?" He decided to ask on that subject.
"–Better than yesterday. My shoulder is gonna have scar though..same with the bullet wounds from my stomach. Leylah said I should be outta here soon. Maybe tomorrow but she'll have to check me out first."
Tom explained.

Pat nodded a bit. "My husband says hes getting out search parties right now to search for Tord. You guys, have been friends for years right?"

Tom nodded. "Well..somewhat. We we're enemies at first and then...actually.." he gulped nervously. "Then, he actually confessed he had feelings for me..I did too and eventually we started to date."

Pat smiled. "Awh, that's adorable for you guys. I'm so happy for you. Has he hurt you at all? Physically? Mentally? He can, be a little hostile at times.."

Tom cleared his throat. He scratched his stubble that he had for a moment before hesitantly nodding his head. "Physically back then he was, now mentally. Uhm.. I know he doesn't mean to do this. I can tell he's mentally unhealthy and I can see the pain in his eyes. He feels guilty about the shit he's doing."

Pat nodded. "You know..before he prisoned you, he actually would have nightmares and breakdowns from the robot incident a few years ago. He's 22 now..so, he must've been 20 when that situation went down."

Tom nodded. "I was 21 then."
"Ah, makes sense. Cause you drink.." Pat says with a small laugh.

Tom shrugged. "I drank underage too. I didn't give a fuck." He weakly laughed. "Anyway, please find him. I need him back here."

Pat nodded. "I'll try Tom." He says and leaves the infirmary.

Tom laid his head on the pillow as he watched from the small window he had. He noticed helicopters flying in the air.

'Probably looking for him in the forest..' Tom thought as tears started to roll down his face.

He sniffled as he brought the blankets closer to him. He cried softly as he watched the helicopters fly around.

"Oh Tord, where did you go?.."