Tom.

Avery POV

"So... we're not gonna train?" I asked, confused.

Sydney gave me a blank look. "Of course we're gonna train. I just need to go somewhere first."

I shrugged and followed her out of the dining hall. After the embarrassing encounter with Ezra and Laura yesterday, I was not interested in staying in the room watching them play tonsil tennis. Even Alex and Luke agreed with my dislike, as they both rushed to the gym as soon as we finished breakfast; leaving behind only Ezra and Laura to do whatever they wanted in the room.

Ugh.

Shaking myself out of these weird thoughts, I trudged forward. A butler passed me and I smiled at him. This place was wonderful. Aside from the huuuuuugggeee mansion, it had a beautiful swimming pool, a state-of-the art gym area, an awesome weapons room, and not to forget, all year round helpers. On asking Balthazar about these "helpers", he said that they were people whose lives had been destroyed by Fear. They didn't have any particular powers, so they just lived in the Bunker, and helped out with the daily chores.

"But didn't Fear have loads of enemies? Then why are there so few people here?"
I had asked Bal when we were talking about this.

"There are many 'Bunkers' all around the world, Avery. London, Delhi, Johannesburg, Sydney. The people who want Fear dead can go to any of these centres. We even send initiates to different centres... kind of like an exchange program... to learn more about what they have found out about Fear and ways to defeat him. America, however has 3 bunkers... one here, in Sioux Falls, the second one in New York, and the third, someplace in Texas. This is because in the past decade, Fear is operating in America. A lot. So us Elementos are monitoring his movements. "

Remembering these thoughts fuelled my rage for Fear. Honestly, I thought I wasn't good for this... destroying fear and restoring world peace crap. How could I, a person with low self confidence issues, save the frickin world? But listening to the stories of Fear's injustices, I was ready to take on my duty. In due time,  that is.

Sydney turned another corner and I followed. Then she climbed up a glight of stairs and opened a door. I followed her inside.

This room was comparatively smaller than the other rooms in the Bunker, but it was still quite large. Two beds were placed adjacent to each other on one side, separated by a bedside table. A huge rug adorne the centre of the room, displaying a beautiful and peaceful scenery. The walls themselves were painted in the colours of nature, and brought a sense of calm to anyone who lived there. Bookshelves lined the other side of the room, and an LED T.V. hung on the wall beside it. On top of the rug, a small table was placed with all sorts of snacks placed on them, but they were unopened.

Both the beds were well made. At first I thought the room was empty, but then I saw a young boy sitting on one of the beds, facing the other side. He was slouched, and seemed to be holding something in his hand.

"T-Tom?" Sydney asked cautiously.

As soon as the boy heard her voice, he jerked upright and turned around. He immediately kept the object he was holding in his hand on the bed and came walking towards us with a bright smile on his face.

Did I mention before that all people in the bunker were unimaginably hot? Well, he was no exception. With carefully tousled brown hair and the ghost of a stubble on his chin, he effortlessly carried out the rugged look that all girls at school craved. He was wearing a snug black T-shirt that showcased his abs perfectly. A silver chain hung from his neck and disappeared under his shirt, and he wore a string bracelet on his right wrist.

I instantly felt Sydney grow tense beside me. I sneaked a glance at her and was surprised, to say the least. Sydney, the badass hardcore chic who literally threw me out of my chair, was blushing. Oh my, did we have something going on here?

"Miss Sydney! I did not see you there! Did you need anything?" The boy asked. Wow. He was British. Go figure.

"N-no... I mean, yes! Um.. did you get my sword sharpened?" Sydney replied, fidgeting with the hem of her shorts.

The boy smiled widely again, showing his straight white teeth. "Yes, miss! I kept it in the weapons room immediately after polishing them. Did you not get it?" He added, scrunching his face up in confusion in such an adorable way that Sydney started blushing furiously. I crossed my arms over my torso and put my palm to my mouth to hide my smile.

"I didn't actually look there. I just.. um.. wanted to ask you first. You, know to make sure if the work was done or not." Sydney replied.

"Oh. Okay then! Have a great day, Miss Sydney! And you too, Mis Avery!" He replied cheerfully before leaving the room.

I could hear Sydney's sigh just as 'Tom' was out of earshot. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Care to explain?" I said, adopting a hands-on-hips pose.

At this, she blushed even harder. "Didn't you hear? I came here to see if he had sharpened my sword or not. Now stop gaping like a fish and go do whatever you do in your free time. I'm busy right now, so no training today." With this she just scrambled out of the room, leaving behind a smirking me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEYYYYYYY GUYYYSSSS!!!

WHEW! I KNOW, LONG TIME! BUT I HAD KEPT THE STORY ON HOLD FOR SO LONG AS MY MUM HAD BANNED THE USE OF ELECTRONICS IN MY HOUSE FOR A MONTH. AN ENTIRE FRICKIN MONTH. *SHUDDER*. BUT, I'M BACK AGAIN! YAY!

FIRST OF ALL, I'D LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU GUYS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION :) I FELT REALLY HAPPY TO SEE YOU GUYS MAKING COVERS FOR ME AND ALL *BLUSH*

AND THE WINNER OF THAT COMETITION IS OISIKA GHOSH!! *clap clap clap clap clap* THE PRESENT COVER THAT YOU SEE IS MADE BY HER. WONDERFUL, ISN'T IT?  SO DON'T FORGET TO READ HER STORY The Illusionist ... ITS REALLY REALLY REALLY COOL.

------> PIC OF TOM. ie, Francisco Lachowski.

UNTIL NEXT TIME!
XOXO
Tahira. :*