TGP Chapter 8: Oath

"They broke their oath after all."
______

After realizing this, both of them were shocked. There was no movement on Pei Wenxuan's face. He lowered his head and looked down at the board while twirling a playing piece in his hand, pretending to think. Li Rong brought her eyes up though and quietly sized him up while drinking tea.

Pei Wenxuan thought about Li Rong's behavior from beginning to end. Although Li Rong seemed arrogant, she was very self-disciplined. She wouldn't make trouble for no reason. Whenever she seemed to make trouble for others for no reason, it was often because she found a way to punish the other party. But he and Li Rong just met for the first time. Why did Li Rong find him to be an eyesore and play tricks on him like that?

However, assuming Li Rong was also reborn again like him, then it would make perfect sense.

If Li Rong was reborn, then his subordinates must have succeeded. With Li Rong's intelligence, she must have guessed that it was his doing before she died. Faced with an enemy that killed her, the fact that she could hold back her temper and refrain from killing him was already akin to having the heart of Buddha. She was only tormenting him to vent her anger. As for whether she would marry him or not, that was still a mystery.

After all, the last life...

Pei Wenxuan's heart sank. Li Rong and Su Rongqing certainly had feelings for one another.

Pei Wenxuan had many thoughts going through his mind, but there were no changes on the surface as if he was intently thinking about the next move.

Li Rong stole a glance at Pei Wenxuan's face. Seeing that his expression was the same as usual, she felt slightly more apprehensive.

She remembered that when Pei Wenxuan was twenty years old, he was still a young, handsome young man at heart who had a good temperament and was self-aware. The first time he met her, his face remained calm and composed, but his eyes seemed a little flustered.

After all, when he saw his future wife, who was also a princess, he had to have some kind of reaction at least.

But the Pei Wenxuan today didn't react at the slightest and even treated her like an old acquaintance! So he dared to stand up against her like this and plot against the other three people right under her nose.

This version of Pei Wenxuan was too strange, but if he was reborn just like her, then it couldn't make more sense.

Suddenly, the two of them started to have doubts in their hearts, and these doubts almost became absolute certainty. It was just that the two of them were used to being cautious, so even if they had doubts, they still needed evidence. Moreover, if the other party was also reborn, then there was also the matter of whether or not to tell the other that they were also reborn.

So neither of them spoke and pretended to be calm and composed.

During the time that the two had their own thoughts, a strange silence permeated the atmosphere between them. Jing Mei and Jing Lan stood not too far away. Jing Mei whispered: "You said that the Princess doesn't like Pei gongzi, but I see them getting along just fine."

"The Princess's thoughts..." Jing Lan sighed, "They are becoming harder and harder to understand."

Halfway through the game, the two of them settled their internal states of mind. Once their emotions had returned to normal, they had to think about what to do next if the other person was reborn again.

It began to rain outside the courtyard, and the rain fell into the pond, creating ripples.

The sound of playing pieces and rain joined one another. Li Rong spoke first and slowly said: "Pei gongzi wants to marry me, so have you ever thought about what life will be like after marrying me?"