The Masquerade

It was morning. A quite cold one, since it was only April. However inside the room was warm. Gellert was sleeping soundly, his arms around Albus's waist. Meanwhile Albus was awake because of the sudden sound which came from the window. It was an owl. It hit the window, again and again(it did not seem to realize that the window is closed), and finally, Albus was forced to leave the bed. He opened the window, and the letter was dropped into the room. The owl finally left. Gellert noticed the absence of his husband, and murmured something which suspiciously sounded like "not that salamander again".  The cold wind made Albus shiver. He immediately closed the window and opened the letter. It seems like an invitation...

"From who is it?" Gellert asked.

Albus lifted his head, looked at his husband and frowned. He then continued reading the letter.

"Al?"

"What?" He said coldly.

"What does it say?"

"Nothing." He answered dryly.

"Mandelkern," Gellert got out of the bed alerted. "what's wrong?"

"The same question I ask you! What's wrong? What happened to "Good morning? How are you? How are you feeling, my love?? What happened to that?"

"I-"

"You changed Grindelwald! You don't even care about my feelings anymore. You sleep with me, get what you need, and then you turn into that cold bastard again! "

"I'm sorry! Sorry! I didn't mean to- Good are you? How morning."

"..."

"I mean- Good morning. How are you?" Gellert said with the most innocent eyes ever, at least that's what he thought.

"Good morning. I'm fine thank you, and you?" He said sarcastically.

"So... what does the letter say and from who is it?"

"It's from the Fangstone family. An invitation to a masquerade. Today, at 7:30pm."

"Wonderful. Would you like to go?"

"Since it's Easter and we have 3 days off, I suppose, yes. I would love to."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Fangstone mansion, 7:31pm. Gellert and Albus just arrived.

"Oh what a lovely evening, my dear." Gellert said, smirking.

"And why is that so?"

"Because there are no salamanders here."

"But why is it so important that Newt isn't here?"

"Because every single time we are together he always interrupts and spoils the moment."

"No he doesn't."

"Then kiss me."

They were about to kiss, feeling each other's heartbeat due to the close distance, and then...

"Albus!" someone said behind them. Albus recognized the voice. It was Newt.

"Newt. Hello there! How are you? Oh," He noticed a woman beside him, "and this must be... Miss Goldstein, am I right?"

"Good evening." Tina said.

"But how did you know that it was me?" Albus asked.

"Because of you hair color."

"But there are lots of wizards with chestnut hair."

"But there's only one with a blonde boyfriend."

"Husband, not boyfriend." Gellert corrected with a condescending voice.

"Of course. I think we should be going now, right Tina?"

"It was a pleasure to meet you." She said politely.

"Goodbye." Gellert said grumpily and grabbed his husband's hands.

"Goodbye." They left.

"Oh Tina, I still don't know why he doesn't like me. And it isn't the first time he is acting like this to me. Remember that time in the tea shop? What did I do to him?"

"Well obviously it's because he is jealous of you. He thinks that you might take Dumbledore from him."

"Wh-what? B...but why? How? What?"

"You know... you are quite attractive."

"You think so?"

"Yes. And you are also innocent, kind, honest much more..."

"Thank you I'm... flattered. And you are, your eyes are like..."

"Like what?"

"I am not supposed to be saying. They're like s...s..."

"Salamanders." 

——————————- —— - ————- - - —- - ——- - ——- - - ——— - 

"Albus, be honest with me. Do all your students call you by your first name?"

"No."

"Then what's so special about him?"

"What do you mean?"

"That little salamander is calling you Albus!"

"So?"

"Only I can call you that!"

"Oh really? But I somehow noticed that your "Abernathy" and "Vinda" call you by your first name! So why can't Newt call me Albus?"

"Well... I apologize for that. From now on, you will never hear anyone else calling me Gellert. My first name will only and always belong to you. Meine schatz." He said, kissing  the back of Albus's hand.

"You do know how to talk, don't you?"

"Only when I am with you."