Chapter 4: Chuuya Asks for Advice

After a long, confusing day at work, Chuuya had come to a decision. His recent feelings weren't making any sense to him at all, so he decided that he needed advice. And who better to ask than the one who had come to him for advice not too long ago? This was the perfect plan. Surely Kunikida would give great advice on this sort of thing.

Once Chuuya's shift ended, he headed to the bar that he and Kunikida typically hung out at. Upon arrival, he discovered something extremely shocking.

Kunikida wasn't there.

Since when was Kunikida ever late for something? Chuuya was once again finding himself confused about everything.

Well, I mean, this isn't bad. I'll just try to figure out what to tell Kunikida since he's not here yet, Chuuya decided, and he did just that for about twenty minutes until Kunikida finally arrived.

Chuuya looked up. "Well, well, look who finally decided to show up. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me."

"Yeah, sorry about that. Dazai was in a really clingy mood so it took me awhile to get here," Kunikida explained.

"I'd say I'm shocked, but that would be a lie," Chuuya remarked.

"Right?" Kunikida agreed.

"I know I said awhile back that between the two of you, you were the extremely lovesick one, but now I'm starting to think that label would fit Dazai better," Chuuya continued.

Kunikida nodded. "You would be accurate in saying so."

Chuuya smirked. "Though that's not to say you're not lovesick, cause I bet you still are."

Kunikida sighed. "Did you call me here just to tease me despite the fact that I did finally confess to Dazai after awhile?" He's not wrong, though...

Chuuya laughed. "Nah. Sorry, I'll stop."

Kunikida reluctantly laughed, too. "Alright. So what's up?"

Great, here comes the hard part... Chuuya thought. "Erm...how do I say this?"

Kunikida was visibly confused.

Chuuya glanced at Kunikida. "Ok, so to begin with, this has to do with Akutagawa."

"Mhm?" Kunikida prompted.

"To go back even further, this kinda goes back to when you had amnesia," Chuuya continued.

"How exactly does my amnesia come into place here?" Kunikida questioned.

"You'll find out. Anyways, I ended up talking...or maybe I should say venting to Akutagawa after finding out you got amnesia cause I was frustrated over all those comments Dazai was making and..." Chuuya stopped himself.

"And?" Kunikida asked.

Chuuya hesitated, not sure if he should bring up the next part. "I was...kinda feeling betrayed around that time cause I felt like I was being replaced since you started liking Dazai."

"Chuuya, I had no idea you felt that way, I'm so sorry," Kunikida apologized.

"No, don't be. It's not your fault you got amnesia," Chuuya assured him.

"I still feel bad I made you feel replaced, though," Kunikida admitted.

"And now I'm feeling guilty I even brought it up. I would never want you feeling that way," Chuuya added.

"Let's just agree that even though I had no control over getting amnesia, the way you felt about it is valid," Kunikida suggested.

"Works for me," Chuuya agreed.