Chapter 16: Gin Learns The News

Chuuya looked at Akutagawa and Q. Despite the fact that everyone had tried to tell him that he wasn't responsible for this current situation, he couldn't help but feel at fault. He was the one who, against his better judgement, had allowed Akutagawa and Q to help him confront Mori. Still though, he was quickly coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't help to dwell on those feelings. All he could do going forward was make sure he did a better job of keeping Akutagawa and Q safe. And he would do it, no questions asked. Even if it meant he had to confront Mori a thousand more times. He'd do anything for those two amazing people.

Kouyou glanced at Yosano. "Is there anything Akutagawa and Q should do aftercare-wise?"

"They need to take it as easy as possible...and try to avoid these situations as best as possible," Yosano instructed.

"We'll do our best, but it's not completely avoidable with a boss like Mori," Akutagawa pointed out.

Yosano nodded. "I know."

"But we'll do our best to stay safe," Chuuya assured her.

"Good," Yosano replied.

"It sucks how we'll have to go back," Q spoke up.

"Yeah," Akutagawa agreed.

"Don't worry, guys. I'm going to keep you safe for real this time," Chuuya assured them.

"You need to stay safe too, you know," Akutagawa pointed out.

"I know, but it's more important to me that you two are safe," Chuuya said.

Akutagawa was right back to experiencing all the confusing feelings.

"You're so stubborn," Q remarked.

"No, I'm a guy who tries to keep his friends safe," Chuuya argued.

"The two can coexist," Kouyou pointed out.

"For real. I guess we both have someone like that where we work," Yosano thought aloud. She subtly glanced at Kunikida.

Kunikida noticed. "Expose me, why don't you?"

"I didn't need to. It's common knowledge," Yosano pointed out.

"...You're right," Kunikida conceded.

"I know." Yosano grinned.

"You have way too much fun teasing me," Kunikida complained.

Yosano laughed a little. "Maybe so. But that doesn't mean I don't notice how great you are. I really do. You may be way too self-sacrificing, but it just means you care about people and that's not a bad thing. But you could stand to look out for yourself a little more."

Kunikida smiled a little. "Well, thanks. I'll try to be better about that."

"Y'know, Kunikida and Chuuya seem to be a lot alike," Kouyou commented.

"They're both stubborn guys with guilt complexes, so yeah," Yosano agreed.

Kunikida and Chuuya looked at each other like, "what have we done to deserve getting called out by that creepy doctor lady?"

Yosano looked at them and laughed. "I'm right and you know it."

"Yeah, yeah," Kunikida replied.

Chuuya looked at Akutagawa and Q. "Can you believe this? I'm getting slandered by a scary doctor."

Akutagawa and Q laughed.

Chuuya pouted. "I don't see how this is funny."

"Sorry, Chuuya. But it kinda is," Q said, still laughing.