Chapter 13: Confrontation (part 2)

Chuuya, Akutagawa, Q, and Mori heard footsteps creeping down the hall. They all stopped what they were doing. Who could it be?

The answer was soon revealed.

Kouyou stepped into the doorway of Mori's office.

"Ane-san! What are you doing here?" Chuuya asked.

"Let's just say I heard some arguments going on," Kouyou replied. She shot a glare at Mori.

Mori glared back.

Kouyou held his gaze. "Now what's this about?"

"Your precious Chuuya is a traitor," Mori declared.

Kouyou raised her eyebrows, clearly not believing him. "Oh, really?"

"Yes," Mori declared.

"I'm not!" Chuuya interjected.

Kouyou looked at Chuuya reassuringly. "I know."

That relieved Chuuya a bit.

Kouyou then noticed the guns in Mori's hands and pointed at them. "Care to explain that?"

"None of your business, woman," Mori replied coldly.

Kouyou gave Mori a death glare. "Boy, you wanna say that again?!"

"Boy?! Excuse you, but I'm in charge here and you will not refer to me that way," Mori announced.

"Then explain things," Kouyou ordered.

Mori rolled his eyes. "Fine, Miss Bossy. Like I said, Chuuya's a traitor and therefore deserves to die. And I could've just had the deed over with, but no! He had to go and make things more difficult by involving those mindless followers of his. So they deserve to die, too."

"We are NOT mindless followers," Q spoke up.

"Yeah, we care about Chuuya and that's why we're here," Akutagawa added.

Chuuya just gazed at Akutagawa and Q for a minute. The way they spoke about him only motivated Chuuya even further to try and keep them safe no matter what.

"You're not killing any of them," Kouyou declared.

"Need I remind you who's in charge here, lady?" Mori asked.

"Power doesn't mean anything when you're ready to straight-up kill your employees for trivial reasons!" Kouyou protested.

"This isn't a trivial reason! One of our own is a traitor!" Mori argued.

"Oh yeah? And what's your proof?" Kouyou questioned.

"He's always hanging out with that boring guy from the agency!" Mori replied.

"Ok, first of all, Kunikida's not boring. And second, just because we hang out doesn't mean I'm a traitor," Chuuya pointed out.

"What else could it mean?!" Mori demanded.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU!" Chuuya yelled, becoming more and more fed up.

That's my boy, Kouyou thought proudly.

Mori was likewise becoming angrier. "How dare you raise your voice at me?!"

"Oh, I'll do worse if I have to!" Chuuya threatened. He was glaring at Mori.

Mori glared back. "Oh really? Please. You don't have the guts."

"Try me," Chuuya challenged. He cracked his knuckles.

"Oh, come on. I taught you better than this," Mori scoffed.

"Better than what exactly?" Chuuya asked.