Chapter 11: Planning

"So...you're going to confront Mori for real?" Q asked.

"Yes," Chuuya confirmed.

"I don't see that going well," Akutagawa admitted.

"Neither do I," Chuuya agreed.

"So why do it then?" Q asked.

"Because I need to make sure he stays away from you guys," Chuuya replied.

"Chuuya, we appreciate that. But you keeping us safe shouldn't have to be at your expense. You shouldn't have to suffer this much for us," Akutagawa protested.

Chuuya looked at Akutagawa, taking note of how sad and worried his maybe-more-than-a-friend looked. "I mean, me staying safe too would be the preferred case. But if I had to choose between you guys and myself, well...I think the answer's obvious."

Chuuya's words caused Akutagawa to feel the same weird way he'd felt so many times lately. Part of him didn't know if he was just confusing these feelings for those of friendship. After all, he was still relatively new to the concept of having someone care this much for him. But he also only felt this particular way about Chuuya. The way he felt about Gin and Q was distinctly different from how he viewed Chuuya. That was mainly what led him to believe that maybe he liked Chuuya as more than a friend. However he would describe Chuuya though, he knew one thing for sure: he didn't want him to get hurt by Mori again.

"Chuuya, sometimes you're way too self-sacrificing," Q commented.

Chuuya shrugged. "I consider it looking out for those I care about."

"And that's really admirable of you," Akutagawa added.

Chuuya found his heartbeat quickening upon hearing Akutagawa's compliment. He thinks I'm admirable!

"It is," Q agreed.

"Thanks, guys," Chuuya replied, smiling.

Akutagawa likewise felt his pulse speed up when he looked at Chuuya's beautiful smile.

Guys, I really do wish you'd confess to each other already. It's so obvious you like each other. But to be fair, we are in a dangerous situation right now, Q thought.

"So yeah...I'm going to be confronting Mori over this," Chuuya announced, breaking the silence.

"I guess we can't stop you from doing so since you're stubborn," Q remarked.

Chuuya started to laugh. "I guess I can't argue that."

"But at the same time, you're always looking out for us. And we love that about you," Akutagawa added.

Chuuya felt the heat rise in his cheeks. Had he just heard Akutagawa right? Akutagawa loved something about Chuuya?

Akutagawa also appeared to be embarrassed, for he slightly averted his gaze.

This is so adorable! Q thought. Needless to say, they were the official captain of the ship.

"Thanks, Akutagawa..." Chuuya managed to utter, also shifting his gaze elsewhere.

"You're welcome," Akutagawa replied.

"...I know I said I'm going to confront Mori, but I honestly have no idea how I'm going to do that," Chuuya admitted.

"Understandable," Q agreed.

Chuuya looked at Akutagawa and Q. "Would you guys happen to have any advice?"

Yeah, don't do it, Akutagawa thought, but he didn't say it. He knew it was no use trying to convince Chuuya otherwise, though he wished there was some way he could. "Just be as careful as you can."