Chapter 14: Double Casualties

Pretty much as soon as the shots had been fired, Kouyou quickly scooped up Q and Chuuya gently picked Akutagawa up.

Q looked up at Kouyou. "Am I gonna die...?"

"Not if I can help it," was Chuuya's determined reply as he looked at Q. He then glanced down at Akutagawa, who was wincing in pain.

"Yes, we won't let either of you die," Kouyou added.

Chuuya shot an enraged glare at Mori. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO THEM?!"

Mori shrugged casually. "I warned them what would happen. They didn't listen, and that's on them."

Chuuya was growing angrier and angrier. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! THIS WAS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME AND YOU MAKE AKUTAGAWA AND Q SUFFER FOR IT, TOO?! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!!"

"Yes," Mori replied just as casually.

Chuuya was already pissed off at Mori for harming Akutagawa and Q, but his boss's blase demeanor angered the small fashionista further. "I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!"

"Chuuya," Kouyou's calm voice interjected.

Chuuya stopped yelling and glanced at her.

"I understand you're angry at Mori. I am, too, believe me. He should not have done this. But you can yell at him later. Right now we need to get Akutagawa and Q taken care of," Kouyou instructed.

Chuuya nodded. "Right." He took another look at Akutagawa.

Akutagawa managed to look up at Chuuya. "Chuuya...?"

"Yes, it's me..." Chuuya confirmed, trying not to let his voice shake.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you more," Akutagawa apologized.

Chuuya sighed. "I swear, you're just like me sometimes. I'm going to tell you what you've told me so many times: sometimes you need to worry about yourself."

"You're right..." Akutagawa admitted.

"Of course I am," Chuuya replied.

Akutagawa smiled a tiny bit and held onto Chuuya a little tighter.

"Akutagawa...you're going to be ok, I promise. You too, Q," Chuuya told them even though he felt anything but confident about that being the truth. But he couldn't let Akutagawa and Q know that. He'd be a horrible person to scare them when they were already in a horrible condition. He began to leave Mori's office. He silently vowed that he would avenge his friends. Mark my words, you monster, this is NOT over. You WILL pay for all of this...

"Where are we going to take them?" Kouyou asked as she followed Chuuya.

"To the agency," Chuuya replied.

Kouyou was shocked. "Are you sure they'll let us in? We're enemies with them."

"They will. They did when I got shot," Chuuya assured her.

"Oh, ok...wait. You got shot?!" Kouyou exclaimed.

"Yeah, some guy in a mask tried to kill me. That was no doubt Mori's doing," Chuuya replied.

Kouyou was shocked.

"But I'm fine, don't worry," Chuuya added.

"That's good," Kouyou answered, but she still sounded worried.

"Ane-san, I promise I'm ok, really," Chuuya insisted.

"Well...if you say so," Kouyou replied.

Chuuya smiled a little. By now, he knew all too well that it was practically impossible to try to get Kouyou not to worry about those she cared about. Not that he minded. He actually found it really endearing and one of the many reasons she was so important to him.