Chapter 10: The Subsequent Questions

Chuuya still hadn't woken up after a few hours, and naturally, those in Yosano's office started to worry that maybe he was dead.

No, he's not dead. Yosano said so, Kunikida thought. He's. Not. Dead. He just hasn't woken up yet, that's all...

Meanwhile, Akutagawa still hadn't let go of Chuuya's hand, and he had no intentions of doing so. He would stay put right there until Chuuya woke up and then he'd never leave Chuuya's side once he woke up. If he woke up...no. Don't think like that, he WILL wake up. He definitely will. He has to... Akutagawa thought. More than anything, he wanted to believe Chuuya would wake up. But he couldn't deny that he was worried Chuuya would die.

As for Q, their mind was torn in two at the moment. They were partially glad to see that Chuuya and Akutagawa were making more progress. But at the same time, they were really worried about Chuuya, so that interfered with them feeling as proud of the progress as they could.

Just then, Chuuya stirred a tiny bit.

As if on command, all three pairs of eyes in the room were now on Chuuya, and everyone looked equally anticipated and worried.

"Chuuya...?" Akutagawa whispered.

Chuuya's eyes began to open and he slowly sat up. "Akutagawa...is that you...?"

"Yes, it's me!" Akutagawa confirmed, pulling Chuuya into a hug.

Chuuya was hit with all the confusing feelings again. "What happened...?" He's just hugging me, that doesn't necessarily mean anything along the lines of what I'm thinking...and yet I wish it did.

"Some guy shot you and we were all so worried!" Q began.

"Some guy...shot me?" Chuuya repeated.

Akutagawa pulled away so he could face Chuuya, and he still looked as worried as he had before Chuuya woke up. "Yeah, he just came out of nowhere and started calling you a liar and traitor and then he shot you twice."

"Weird," Chuuya remarked.

"More like really bad," Q corrected.

Akutagawa nodded in agreement.

Only then did Chuuya take a look at his surroundings and realize where he was. "So...I'm assuming that's why we're at the agency's headquarters?"

"That would indeed be why," Kunikida confirmed.

Chuuya glanced up. "Oh hey, Kunikida."

"Hey. Are you ok?" Kunikida asked, worried.

"Eh...as ok as I can be, I guess," Chuuya replied.

Kunikida nodded. "That's good."

"I'm just so confused," Chuuya continued. Truth be told, he was referring both to the current situation and to all the feelings he'd found himself having lately.

"Yeah, none of this makes any sense," Kunikida agreed.

"We're just as lost as you guys are. The man with the gun just appeared out of nowhere without explanation and shot Chuuya," Q added.

"And he was calling Chuuya a traitor?" Kunikida asked.

"Yeah," Akutagawa confirmed.

"That doesn't make any sense, either," Kunikida commented.

"Y'know guys, part of me is starting to wonder if Mori had something to do with this," Chuuya spoke up.

Kunikida began writing down some notes. Note to self, find out who shot Chuuya... He then glanced up, having only just now processed what Chuuya said. "I'm sorry, what?"