0.5

The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky and the entire city was fully awake once the incident took place around five in the morning. Each siren coming five police cars echoed through alleys as they drove fast; as well as the ambulance following from behind. Selina managed to escape and I quickly disappeared with my motorcycle, driving around the private areas. However, my mind was traveling with Selina. It wasn't a rush of feeling, but suspiciously wonder what exactly she's doing in 44 below.

My hand slowly close the door behind me and breathed deeply to my satisfaction. The hallways are as dark as it could get but once my eyes trail off to it, I notice Davion standing in the middle. He flickers his finger up to his mouth, pointing at me with his big brown eyes.

"What are you wearing?" A small smile creeps up on his lips. My eyes immediately widen in horror, once I realized.

Daisy quickly peeks through the doorframe with her eyes narrowing. "You have lost your damn mind walking into this house with your suit on." She hisses and quickly strolls off towards Davion, picking him up from the ground and walking back into the main room. My nostrils flare in frustration following from behind.

Alfred stood behind the counter mixing a bowl with fruits. His eyes quickly trail off to me, shock crossing his face. "I suppose you didn't change?"

My hands grasp onto the mask before taking it off slowly. "No." I quickly tilt my head towards the living room as Daisy put Davion on the couch, handing him some sort of toys to play with.

Daisy quickly kisses his forehead and her eyes trailed back to me, taking a deep breath in irritation. Once she raises from the ground, her heels tap on each wooden tile.

"Don't wear that suit around my son." Daisy scolds angrily as she stands beside me.

I squint my eyes in disbelief. "Your son?" My voice darkened as my nostrils flare in annoyance. "Hopefully you mean ours?"

Daisy glanced at my suit before trailing her eyes back to me. "Yes, ours." I immediately shake my head.

"No, you meant yours," My voice turned deeper. "You want to argue with me about being Batman? Start respecting your partner's decision."

She scoffs with no humor slipping out of her voice. "Sure, I'll run around the building and respect my husband's decision from choosing his own death."

"I chose this life before I met you!" A sudden burst of anger boiled up with my eyes rounded.

Alfred drops the bowl on top of the desk with his eyes shot open. Davion quickly sits up on the couch and leans over the edge, staring at us.

Shock crossed Daisy's expression before taking a couple of steps back.

Nobody spoke for at least five minutes. I felt some embarrassment from my action, trailing my eyes back and forth on everyone. Davion's expression quickly switches off with sadness as he holds his hand out.

"Mommy I'm scared." His voice turns higher with a small pitch of nervousness.

Daisy darts her eyes toward Davion, quickly nodding as she fled toward him. "It's okay baby, don't worry. Daddy is just playing around." She says reassuringly and twirls her arms around him before picking up his tiny body. Davion hides his face on her chest.

Alfred grabs onto his stock resting on the edge of the counter, limping towards me with his other hand holding in the air. "We should probably head downstairs."

"You can sleep on the couch," Daisy says sharply and rocks Davion back and forth with her arms.

My eyes trail off to her before heading to the elevator. "I haven't slept next to you for days, so have it your way."