0.8

I shut off the motorcycle once I came back to the Wayne Depot. The silence crept up the entire area, with darkness appearing around the corners. The computers are still running with brightness glimpsing towards the elevator and the bats flickering their wings from the roof.

I take off my mask and stroll over to the desk, throwing it on top and my gloves. The sound of the elevator catches my attention as I continue to remove the gears. The doors slid open, and Daisy walked out, trailing her tiny feet toward me.

"Hey. It's six in the morning." She says weakly with her voice lowering down. I flash her a smile before gripping onto the suit.

"I figured," I reply before removing each part of it.

Daisy inches closer until her feet come to a stop, wrinkling her nose at me with her brows narrowed. She bobs her head forward, inhaling me. My eyes squint, and I step backward until she grasps my arm.

"Why do you smell like women's perfume?" She peeks up at me with a severe expression. I shrug a little and continue to remove each part of it.

"Probably cat woman. We exchanged a deal. She tells me where the joker is, and I help her find her friend." I mutter under my breath before taking off the chest plate with the emblem.

Daisy leans her head backward and folds her arms together. "I see, so you touched her?" My eyes dart back to hers, with shock crossing my face faster than my brain comprehends.

"What?"

"Did you touch her?" Daisy repeats herself, but her voice sounds rough.

I take a deep breath and throw my suit on the table before gripping onto the sweatpants I have left whenever they need to be used. "Are you indirectly asking me if I felt her sexually or simply touched her?" My eyes trail off to the pants before dressing myself.

Daisy takes a deep breath. "The second one." I slowly nod to her and glance back.

"Yes. I needed to stand on top of the building, so I had to use my hook. Selina had to come with me." Daisy quickly furrows her eyebrows.

"You know her name?" She asks with anger fueling her tone.

My eyes squint into thin lines, observing her suspicious behavior. "Yes, I do. I found out when I spied on her. What exactly are you trying to find out?"

Daisy shrugs her shoulders. "Nothing."

"Don't lie to me." My voice lowers until I trail off to the elevator; she follows from behind.

She takes a deep breath before exhaling it through her nostrils. "I was just curious."

A shrug slips out of my mouth as I jab onto the panel button. Daisy stands behind me rather than beside me, and something about it seemed to bother me.

The elevator came to a stop and opened the door automatically before I strolled off. Daisy follows from behind, clearing her throat pretty loudly. My feet immediately prevent me from moving forward as I glance back at her.

The entire manor is gloomy, with silence deepening everywhere. No one is near to be found, knowing everyone is sleeping.

Daisy takes a couple of steps toward me with her arms folded against her chest. "Is she nice?"