0.9

My eyes greet the day shine from the glass window as my heart and lungs expand. It takes me a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light, but a sudden feeling of grief hits me like a brick.
My brain replays the last few scenes from last night; with Bruce.

My facial expression drops instantly, remembering how it went down. It didn't make sense that he was more around Cat-Woman than me. My stomach felt heavier than usual before my mind started traveling around; it suddenly clicked for me. When was the last time he kissed me, made love, and spent a little time with me?

It hit me harder once it came to my realization were growing apart; that's what I believe.

A shrug parts my lips as I sit up in disappointment, grabbing onto his shirt lying on the side of the bed—my hand tugs into each hole before throwing it on my head and sliding it through. The faint smell of his strong cologne is soothing, yet another reminder of why I'm irritated at him.

My legs lengthened onto the edge of the bed and pressed onto the wooden floor before trailing out of the room and toward the bathroom. Once I stepped in, my hand gently shut the door, continuing with my daily morning routine; fixing my hair, brushing my teeth, and taking a quick shower.

Today is going to be a long day. I promised t Mayoral Bella Reàl to meet up for a coffee, based on the foundation created by the Wayne family. My participation mattered a lot to society, as I contrived with a good amount to the community. Bella insisted we meet in a private café with a couple of business people that would be worth a shot to work with. We met at the latest event I was holding for the people in Gotham, which Bruce didn't know of; since he hasn't been around lately.

I rotated my hair between a modern bouffant hairstyle and a flipped-up lob with puffy edges; it features side-swept bangs, a headband, and a lot of volumes. My finger slipped into my black makeup bag and grabbed onto a pointy eyeliner before swiping it above my eyelids and adding the rest of my makeup. It didn't occur to me to get dressed up yet, now that it's only around nine in the morning.

Once I wrapped it up, I quickly trailed off the stairs and strolled toward the main entrance. The sound of Davion's giggle brought joy into my heart, but also knowing he was safe around Alfred; It brought another sadness to my heart. Not because of Alfred, but because of Bruce. He hasn't been around him for the past few days, only one time. The second time was based on his gears lying around, and Davion somehow found it.

I appear at the main entrance and notice Alfred is feeding Davion with a small spoon and a bowl beside him. A small smile emerges on my lips before inching closer to them. Alfred quickly peeks up and greets me with a warm expression.

"Good morning, my dear. How did you sleep?" Alfred says formally, and Davion quickly peeks over at me.

Davion's expression shifts with joy. "Mommy!"

As I approach Davion beside the stool, my smile grows more prominent, gently tugging his small hair. "Hello, my handsome young boy," My eyes dart to Alfred. "And good morning Alfred. I slept alright, thank you. How about yourself?"

Alfred leaves the spoon on the bowl and grabs onto his stock. "So have I."

A shrug slightly appears out of my mouth as I incline my head towards Davion, gently rubbing his hair. "It's the same thing, isn't it?"

Alfred glances at me before taking a deep breath nervously. "Unfortunately, yes. He hasn't been around for a while." I nod slowly before swallowing hard.

It's a pattern that hasn't been changed nor talked about anymore. Alfred tried to speak to him about being around, but he was hooked on Joker. There was no way to stop Bruce; we simply had to tolerate it until it came to his senses.