0.6

The multi-monitor loads the operating system with more than 1,600 GPSI. Everything is quiet in the cave apart from the heat coming out of it and the TV playing in the background.
I take off the cyber-contact lenses, put them on an apparatus and presses play, showing what is recorded in high definition to properly examine certain individuals, and locations that are of significance to the club. The pat of my finger taps onto the button, playing each scene of my entrance. I quickly pause once Selina appeared, watching her eyes glance over my figure before she landed her gaze on the camera. My eyes squint suspiciously at her figure as she stepped closer.

"A new friend of yours?" The sound of Alfred's voice caught my attention, but I kept my composure still as the video continues to play.

"I'm not sure." I reply with a husky voice, scanning each small detail.

Alfred trails up beside the desk, gripping onto his stock with a shrug escaping his lips. "She looks quite a catch."

My back slowly leans onto the chair as the building starts shaking violently in the video. My elbow rest on the armchair before my fingers rub against my cheek in frustration. Alfred steps further, shock crossing his face and eyes widening at the same time.

"Dear God." Alfred muffled under his breath.

I dropped my eyelids to avoid watching the rest in frustration before lifting myself from the chair. My feet sped toward the elevator - until I quickly came to a stop once the news lady mentioned the incident. Alfred and I glanced toward the TV. He turns the volume up.

"A massive explosion struck an abandoned nightclub in Gotham City, killing five State Attorneys such as Mike Hamilton, Aron Kaufman, Victor Crosby, Frank Hebrew, and Edgar McLennad. "

Each photo shows up on the screen of all the victims that have been killed, as well as a photo of the building crumbling to the ground.

"There were also found seventeen injured and hospitalized with serious fracture. Jim Gordon has spoken out on the incident with clear evidence pointing to Joker, revealing his signature smile painted on small parts of met flying out of the bomb. We are still waiting for more information."

I could feel the rage welling up inside of me, compressing my lips tightly till they went white. My nostrils flared angrily as my hand clenched into a fist, and bangs it against the panel button. Alfred glanced at me with sorrow.

The elevator door slid open before I march my way out. Alfred limps outside of the elevator. "Bruce, don't go out there. Not until you have any further information about him. He must've known you were there."

I quickly stop before standing in complete stillness. My knuckles almost pops as my nails cut into my skin. Anger curls hot and unstoppable in my gut, feeling the temperature rising with veins stretching through my palms; as well as my breathing becomes very shallow.

My eyes narrows when I look back at Alfred. His eyes shot open with one of his feet sliding backward.

"Seven kills," I reply crossly. My blood vessels tighten with loss of control. "They can pay for their consequences in jail but death doesn't work for me."

Alfred slowly holds his hand up, rocking it back and forth nervously. "I understand. Let's-"

"Daddy look!" The sound of Davion's voice caught me off guard. My emotions had ranged from anger to shock in the space of a few seconds.