getting used to being alone

Y/n POV

Y/n was always by herself she never thought of herself getting married, having kids, or living with someone. That all changed when she met Ms. beautiful Olivia Rodrigo. Y/n was a independent person often she'd relied on somebody else but she knew she had to move on in order to grow. Y/n never experienced love she had never experienced soft spoken conversations or talking about her feelings, she always kept it in she always wanted people to think she was a very strong person so she kept emotions in.

Y/n and Olivia met in high school they were both freshman's at first they were distance for a couple years but when they turned 18 Y/n worked her ass off for the girl she was constantly working Olivia did the same. Olivia's career took of after high school she made a album she went on tour all that took a toll on their relationship but Y/n stayed by her side no matter what until there were rumors she was dating someone names Joshua at that instant Y/n had a gut feeling that maybe it's the end. Months went on and Olivia had distanced herself but Y/n understood she still texted Olivia updated her on her life but just there Olivia had cut contact. Y/n was very hurt she thought she had finally met the love of her life she worked her ass off for no reason she was alone again. Y/n had never felt this sad since her last relationship Her and Olivia grew up together, as Olivia's career grew all Y/n saw was Olivia, Olivia, Olivia her heart broke every time.

Y/n moved out her parents house as her parents were helping her move boxes in all y/n could think was 'this was supposed to be me and her's apartment' she thanked her parents and bought them dinner they later left for the night. Y/n unpacked she stayed up all night she unpacked everything except one box she opened it and the first thing she saw was a framed picture of Olivia she hung it up she was still so in love with the girl if she ever came back to get back together Y/n would instantly say yes. For the first couple of nights Y/n stayed in bed it's like she was all alone now she called off work she canceled on her friends she even told her parents she wasn't in the mood. She liked being alone but always hated the feeling of it it's like ever since her world came crashing down.

Months later

Y/n is slowly moving on she rarely thinks of her even in public when she sees her album on display with her face she just smiles she's happy and proud of her. Y/n started buying plants she treated them as like they were her kids she watered them gave them the sunshine they deserve. She makes home cook meals now she brings some to her parents every weekend She finally felt comfortable to be by herself, She went out more was more social she was so proud of herself. This was the feeling she wanted to finally be happy with herself without needing any validation.
________
it's short but enjoy :) also i cant wait for spring break <3