𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙧-𝙢𝙖𝙣.

OLIVIA'S FUNERAL was brutal for Peter. Even more so then her father's death, and even more so then Gwen's death. He had lost three people in the same year. Most of them died because of him. It was also hard for Peter to cope with the fact that Olivia's father was right. He got her involved in his 'web' and she died. If he listened to her father, she would still be alive. She'd be in California. And if Peter caught her, they'd both be in California together. But he didn't. He let her die. It's his fault.

Olivia was buried next to Gwen Stacy. It was Peter's idea. He thought that Olivia would be happy if she was next to her best friend for eternity. They had buried her in the jacket that Gwen had given her, the one she worn the day she died. Actually, they buried her in that exact outfit. Peter had bought a ring for her, a promise ring, he was going to give to her on the flight to California. Since he never got the chance to give it to her, they allowed Olivia to wear the ring for eternity. It's being buried around her finger. Peter has a matching ring.

Everyone was at the funeral, like Gwen's. Gwen's family, her classmates, her teachers, Aunt May, and most importantly, Peter. Even after the funeral, Peter continued to visit Olivia's grave. He'd go once a day. For months. Sometimes more. He missed her a lot. Every time he visited would be the same. He'd be the only one there. He would just stare at her grave, sometimes talk to her.

One day, something completely different happened though. It had been a few months after Olivia's funeral. Peter could sense someone behind him, but he didn't turn to look. He didn't want to.

"Peter." He hears from behind him. He hesitantly turns around and sees a middle aged man. He looks him up and down. Peter stays silent. "I don't want to frighten you." He puts his hand out, then shakes his head, and puts it away. He steps towards Peter.

"Stay there, stay right there. Don't move." Peter says.

"Okay." The man says, returning to his original position. "But, I'd like to tell you a few things if that's alright. I know this is impossible to understand, Peter. I thought I knew what to say- but I don't, I don't know what to say to you, expect that I'm sorry. It's me. It's me, Peter. I'm sorry."

"You're not my father." Peter says.

"I am your father, Peter." The man confirms. "I want you just to listen to me-"

"My father is dead." Peter yells, pointing at him.

"Peter, listen to me-" He tries.

"He's dead. Who are you?" Peter yells.

"I had to disappear and I'm sorry- Understand that I had to disappear to keep you safe- to keep you safe, Peter."

"What-what!" He yells, grabbing the man's shoulders. "Say it! Say what you have to say! What do you want to say? Where have you been?" He continues yelling. "You're dead." His voice breaks.

"I'm not dead, Peter." His father sighs. "I had to die to keep you alive. I had to disappear to keep you safe. Listen to me, I had to disappear to keep my mistakes from catching up with you. I had to stay away from you to keep Osborn from hurting you. You understand me? There was no other way to keep you safe." Tears fell from Peter's cheeks.

"I'm so sorry- I'm really sorry, Peter." His dad says. Peter puts his arms around him and hugs him tightly. His dad exchanges the gesture. Peter was sobbing into his shoulder, while his father comforted him.

***

"Why now?" Peter asks as him and his father walk through the graveyard to a nearby bench. "Why'd you come back now?"

"Your mother knew there would come a time in your life when you would need us more than anyone else. And before she died, I promised her that I'd be there for you no matter what. And the time came." They both take a seat on the bench. "I know what it's like to loose everything you love."