𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

OLIVIA AND GWEN walked in the prom hall together. Peter and Olivia had decided they want to see each other in their tux/dress for the first time at prom. Gwen had been asked out by a boy in her chemistry class, Harry. Peter and Olivia hadn't ever talked to the boy, but from everything Olivia's heard about him, she approves. She pledged she was going to meet him tonight. Gwen is a precious cinnamon roll too good for this world, and Olivia needs to protect her.

As soon as she walked in, she and Peter locked eyes. The lights were purple and shining down on Gwen and Olivia, or at least that's what it seemed like to the the two of them. Gwen smiles. "We'll meet up at the punch bowl in half an hour to discuss."

Olivia nods. "Sounds like a plan."

"See you." Gwen runs off, probably to go find Harry.

Olivia waved and walked over to Peter. Olivia's dress was beige with black spider webs all over it. Her hair was curled and her heels were black with black rhinestones all over them. Peter smiles at her. He was wearing a black tux with black bow tie.

"I can't help, but feel like the dress is a reference to someone I know well." He says, putting his arms around her waist.

"I think you might know them." Olivia smiles, swinging her arms around his neck.

"Very well." He adds. She lets out a chuckle.

"You look beautiful." He smiles.

She shakes her head. "You look amazing too." There was a huge dome-looking window at the ceiling of the auditorium. They could both felt the moonlight shining down on them as they swayed together in sync, music playing in the background. "Let me go do something really quick." Peter says. He quickly walks off. Olivia furrows her eyebrows.

Suddenly, 'Moonlight' by Ariana Grande starts playing. She puts her arms around his neck again and lets out a giggle. "You're so cute."

He chuckles. "You know, I'm so happy you moved here. You're just-you're so amazing and I love being with you. I would spend every second of the day with you if I could and it's just- agh, it's complicated, and everything is complicated and-"

"Peter." Olivia says. "We'll figure it out. I promise. I'm here for you and you know that. You have me, okay? You have Gwen. You have May. And I promise, that I'll never let you go. Ever. And that's a promise."

Peter smiles. "Did I mention you look pretty tonight?"

Olivia smiles. Peter leans in for a kiss. She kisses back. They only let go when they need air to breathe. "You're a good kisser. Like really good."

"You're not bad yourself." She chuckles. "You know, we've definitely talked about this before."

"I wouldn't be surprised." Peter laughs. "I wish we could just stay like this. Just like this. Forever."

"This is our night, okay? We can save Spider-Man stuff for tomorrow, let's just enjoy tonight and not stress about anything, okay?"

"You're right." He smiles. Olivia returns the gesture and pecks his lips.

"Olivia?"

"Yeah?" She answers.

"I love y-" Peter gets interrupted by a claw ripping through the walls of the school auditorium aka the prom room. Apparently, Olivia stands corrected. Everyone's head snap towards the claw. I mean, who could blame them?

Dr. Connors. They both realized.

Everyone, expect Olivia and Peter, start running. "Go." Peter says. Olivia doesn't move. "Go!" He yells. Olivia rolls her eyes and starts running off. What if Peter dies? She thought. They couldn't have one fucking night without a mutant lizard destroying it? I thought this was only in sci-fi films, Olivia thinks to herself. Olivia looks back at Peter once more and then runs off.

She prayed he'd be okay. She ran outside the school and met up with Gwen and Harry, who were equally as terrified at what was happening. Gwen even more scared, knowing who the person behind the Spider mask was. But not more scared that Olivia.

Gwen and Harry were trying to converse with Olivia, to get her mind off Peter. Clearly, it didn't work as Olivia practically tuned out the whole conversation and simply answered 'Mm', 'Cool', or 'Okay', mainly on a rotating basis.

A few minutes of meaningless conversation pass by, and Olivia can't stand it anymore. She can't stand the fact that Peter might die fighting a mutant lizard. She wasn't going to let it happen, especially not tonight. She ran back inside, despite Gwen and literally everyone else's protests. She spotted the mutant and Peter fighting in the hallway.

Peter was against the window, getting smushed by the mutant's claw. Olivia looks around, panicked, but quickly spots a trophy. She picks it up and quickly smashes it against the lizard's head.

She regretted it as soon as it hit the lizard.

The mutant drops Peter and winces in pain. She holds up the trophy in defense as the mutant turns to face her. "Olivia." The lizard says.

The mutant tries to claw at her, but Peter webs his claws and spins him around to face himself. Peter manages to web the mutant all around it's scales and temporarily traps it.

He webs the trophy Olivia's holding and pulls her towards him. He grabs the trophy from her hands and throws it out the hallway window, smashing the window glass into a million tiny pieces. He pulls Olivia into his arms. "I'm gonna throw you out the window now."

"What?" Olivia says, not having time to process what was happening. Peter grabs her and quite literally throws her out the window. She screams as she falls until Peter webs her. She grabs the web and holds on, smiling up at Peter. She wonders how she was able to run in and out of the school with those heels. And also partially fight a mutant in heels and a cut dress.

It truly is a talent.

***

"Shit, my phones dead." Olivia sighs, putting her phone away. It had been 20 minutes since she ran into the school and Peter had thrown her out the window. Harry had left to find his friends. "Gwen, can you call Peter? I need to know if he's okay." Olivia asks.

"Yeah." The blonde says, already dialing his number. Olivia kicks off her heels and digs into her bag. She puts on her white air forces that definitely don't match her dress. Too bad she didn't bring a more casual dress for fighting a mutant lizard. Damn it, she thought. She should've known this would happen.

One night was too good to be true.

Gwen puts the phone on speaker. "Hey." Peter says, as if he wasn't just fighting a mutant.

"Where are you?" The two girls ask in unison.

"I'm fine, I'm okay, I'm down the sewer. I'm tracking him, I gotta stop him before anyone gets hurt, but we need an antidote. Gwen, do you know how to run a serum?"

"Yeah, I do it for Connors all the time." She answers.

"Okay, great. Listen, I need you to go to Oscorp. I need you to access the cross-species file, it's a blue serum file, 12389."

"Okay, got it."

Peter clears his throat. "Just to clarify, Olivia, you are not going with Gwen." Peter sighs.

Olivia sighs. "Okay."

Peter seems taken aback by the fact that she doesn't argue. She must've realized it was pointless. "Good. See you in a bit."

"On my way." Gwen says, hanging up the phone. She turns to Olivia.

"You're coming, aren't you?"

"You know me so well." Olivia says.

"Alright, we have to hurry. I'll tell you how to help. Let's go." She says.

Both girls hurry off away from the school, in the direction of Oscorp.