30. Peace?

Art by @Lyfi_is_bored on Reddit

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The withers surge forward and Techno splashes himself with potions.

"Death!" he yells.

Y/N smiles and starts shooting at those who are trying to kill the withers.

"Techno, you were on our side!" Tommy yells as Dream starts attacking him.

"I was upfront with you from the start! The government must go!" Techno yells from across the field.

He starts running around, placing TNT. Y/N watches and starts firing at the TNT with her bow, trying to set it alight.

Go Techno, go.

Karl attempts to shoot the withers but Techno immediately attacks him, driving him off.

"Stop Techno!" Karl yells.

"You think I'm just going to let you kill the withers?" Techno asks. He runs after Tommy who is shooting at one wither with his crossbow.

"It's going into melee mode soon," Phil warns. He stands on the hill with a bow and arrows.

Dream glances at the withers that rain skulls down onto the terrain.

The withers are going to cause too much damage. This land needs to be able to recover.

"Y/N!" He screams through the chaos. She turns and looks at him, her sword half poised to attack Fundy.

"Kill the withers! They're going to cause too much damage!" He yells. She nods with understanding and turns to fire on the black creatures.

"Hit the heads!" Dream yells as his allies.

They all take turns shooting until one wither screams and explodes into a shower of sparks.

"One down!"

Techno is busy killing off several more people trying to kill the withers. Luckily, he doesn't notice Y/N and Dream also shooting at the withers.

Dream hits one head and Y/N hits another.

The wither goes into melee mode and drops to the ground.

Y/N and Dream's eyes both glow brighter.
They both turn to stare at each other and nod. Without hesitation, they both pearl towards the wither and slash their swords at the head.

The wither gives one final scream and the last head falls to the floor.

"We won!" Tommy yells.

Techno turns towards them and his eyes narrow at the dead withers.

"There will be no new government today, it will be over my dead body."

"Dream! How could you let Wilbur!" Tommy yells furiously.

"Tommy, Wilbur, and I had an agreement," Dream says calmly. "No matter what happened, he would detonate the TNT. That's why I was fine with surrendering since I knew that in the end, chaos would win."

"Okay, anyone who was with us during the fight, follow me." Tommy beckons and Tubbo, Fundy, Quackity, Niki, Jack, and Phil all follow him.

"No one's pro-government here right?" Techno asks, aiming his crossbow at the rest.

"Nope, none of us," Karl says quickly.

"Here Techno." Y/N places a stack of TNT in front of him and hands him a flint and steel.

He smiles.

"Thank you, Aphrodite."

Y/N blushes slightly at the nickname and Dream clenches his fist tighter.