43. Friends

Art by@tovaroni_ on Twitter

TW: Manipulation

Dream POV

The sun is just at the highest point in the sky. I quickly pull on my armor and set off for Logstedshire.

Tommy's beach party is going to start at 3:30. It's going to be a real shame that no one's going to be there, except me.

Yes, I had to convince Ghostbur so I could "deliver the invitations."

Yes, this is technically lying to Tommy, even when I called us friends.

Yes, he'll be sad and upset because he thinks his friends don't care about him.

But it's also for peace. If Tommy learns his lesson, he won't cause trouble and the Smp will be at peace again.

By 3:45, I've arrived at the ocean and I quickly trident across to the beach.

Even from a distance, I can see the umbrellas standing in the sand. Even a faint glimpse of bright red.

I smile as I land on the sand.

"Hey Tommy," I say. Tommy sits at the head of a table, cake in the middle. "Where's everyone else?" I pause.

"I don't know."

"Sorry, I'm a little late."

"Oh wait, I'm sorry," Tommy immediately starts dropping his armor onto the ground in front of me.

He complies without me even asking.
This is what control feels like.
Feels good.

"No, no, no, it's fine," I push the armor back toward him.

"Really?" He looks confused.

"Yeah, today's the party right?" I smile.

A party where no one's going to show up.

"Where is everyone?" Tommy asks, he stays walking to the beach.

"I don't know," I lie.

"Didn't Ghostbur send out the invites?"

"Yeah, he sent them to everyone. He even told Tubbo personally."

I can't stop smiling. This is going as well as it could have gone.

"Really? He asked Tubbo?"

"Mhm."

"Why's no one here then?" Tommy stares at the empty beach. The quiet rippling water. The still grass.

"Maybe they're running late?" I suggest.

Tommy stares at the sea with a sad expression.

"Why don't we make the best of it until they show up?" I ask.

"They should be here by daytime he glances at the setting sun.

"Let's just start and wait for them to show up."

Need to get this party started.

"Yeah, I guess we can eat," Tommy takes his seat at the table and I find a chair too. He stares glumly at the cake.

Tommy slices a piece of cake and hands it to me. He cuts one for himself and just stares at it.

I take a bite.

"Ayyyy, this is great!" I say with fake happiness. The cake tastes like absolute shit. "Have a piece!

"No thanks," Tommy stares back at the ocean. The sun has slipped below the sea and darkness consumes the land as the sky fades from dark blue to black. "Dream, no one's showed up."