73. Life in Prison

Art by ???

Dream POV

This is fucking torture. I mean, it was with Quackity and being locked in here alone. I always said I wanted company but not this company.

Not Y/N's ex.
Not someone who thinks this is A FUCKING VACATION!

I curl my knees into my chest as I sit in the corner by the chest. I haven't moved in a few hours and Techno doesn't seem to get the message, continuing to bother me.

I wish I could kill and revive him for annoying me but I can't. If I kill him, I won't be able to escape. Well, I can't escape either way since he's in here with me.

"So how're you doing Dream?" Techno asks me for the millionth time.

"Same as the other times you asked me," I mumble.

"Mmmm okay."

He paces around the cell for a bit.

"I still can't believe you get to eat potatoes here. You're living the life."

I manage a small smile. Techno does love his potatoes.

"Techno?" I ask after a long moment of silence.

"Yeah?" He glances at my face and his grin vanishes. His faces softens and he sits down beside me. "What's up?"

"How— how are things with you and Y/N?" I ask, trying to sound curious.

What if they got back together?
What if she moved on from me?
She probably did.
She doesn't care.
Not anymore.
All I did was use her, try to control her, just like I did to everyone else.

"They're good," he pauses slightly. "We're not together again if that's what you're thinking. She moved into a new house near the L'Manburg crater but she's been hanging around my cottage a lot. I think she misses you."

"Does she?"

"Yeah, Y/N hasn't been herself since you were locked away." Techno fiddles with his red cape. "She actually asked me to give you a message."

I perk up at his words.

An apology?
Maybe saying it was a staged act?
That she still loves me?

"She wanted me to deliver it to you, word for word, uhhhh," he scratches his head. "She said:
she doesn't talk about you much but you're always on her mind. Uh, she holds her necklace close to her heart and you should too. Something like that."

I instinctively reach into my shirt to pull out the necklace. I'd almost forgotten about it. The smiley face stares back at me and I slid my thumb over its surface, catching on the tiny clasp.

"Hers looks identical to yours," Techno muses from next to me. I turn to stare at the him.

"Techno, can you give me some space please?"

"Sure, I guess," he grumbles. Techno stands up and walks over to the lava where he sits down, staring at it and cooking his potatoes.

Yes, this isn't how Minecraft works but just go with it.

I wait until he's fully turned around before opening the locket.

Yes, I changed it to be a locket to clear up confusion.

The clasp is so tiny but I manage to open it. A small square of yellow paper falls out.

Cautiously, I unfold it.

Oh, it's the paper that she told me to put inside the locket.

Dear Dream,