61. The Disc Confrontation

Art by @its_bea_m on Reddit

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Tommy glances at himself in the mirror. His eyes are half closed and have dark bags under them. He adjusts his red neck scarf and fiddles with the sleeves of his white and red shirt.

His hands tremble as he picks up an enchanted netherite sword.

"Tommy?" Tubbo stands in the doorway. "Are you ready?"

Tommy turns around and weakly smiles.

"As ready as I can be."

Tubbo smiled weakly back.

"We started this together, we may as well end it together too."

Tommy nods and finishes strapping on his armor.

"You know Tubbo," he begins. "If we both manage to die, I just want you to know that you were a true friend."

"You too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tommy and Tubbo stroll down the path for possibly their final time, reminiscing all they've been through.

As they walk closer to the ruins of the Community House, they pause.

BadBoyHalo stands in front with a warm smile.

Tommy glances farther down the path and sees more people waiting. Waiting to say their final goodbyes.

"Bad, if I die tonight, it has been an honor knowing you and spending time with you."

"It was an honor knowing you too Tommy," Bad replies. "I'll give you one last 'Language' before you go. Language!"

Tommy scoffs but smiles again and moves down the path.

"Ranboo, it's been an honor knowing you. You were the only one who knew what I was going through. Thank you. Even though I haven't known you long, it was an honor to spend time with you."

Ranboo nods and smiles sadly.

Goodbye Tommy.

Tommy moves on as Tubbo also begins to thank Ranboo.

He pauses and sees Y/N standing at the end of the path, right by the nether portal.

"Y/N," he swallows nervously.

"Tommy."

Y/N holds out her arms to him and he doesn't think twice, running into them.

"I'm so sorry Tommy. I should have realized that Dream never truly cared about me. I'm sorry for what I've done to you."

"Y/N, you fell in love. I believe he truly loved you in the beginning but I'm glad you were finally able to see the better side."

"Yes," she smiles at him and pulls out of the hug. "Just tell Dream that I'll be open to him if he ever comes back."

Tommy grins. "Yeah, sure."

"Ready to go?" Tubbo asks, joining him. 

"Yes," Tommy hefts his sword and pulls out the compass that points to his discs. "Let's go."

They move off the path and begin their journey,
Y/N watches them go with an unreadable expression.

Bye Tommy, I'll see you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tommy and Tubbo continue to follow the compass. Crossing biome after biome, ocean after ocean. Finally, they reach the base of a large mountain.