this is the way which a woman becomes a wolf

Ophelia, ostracized even in death, here now she rises, rebirthed from the water and screaming

Ophelia, ostracized even in death, here now she rises, rebirthed from the water and screaming. Here's the burning witch dragging her to the stake, all chainsaw-jawed and chestful of god. Here's a woman with storms under her skin, crawling and hissing "fuck you" like an incantation.

Chaos Theory (2022)

She's not a monster. She's a teenager. Just a girl. Or maybe that's the same thing.

Once a girl made of bone is now a girl whose skin rots with the knowledge of her sins that she so desperately tries to swallow. Her throat aches and burns from the screams nobody can hear. Yes, she used to be a girl. But now she's someone who was pushed away, lost in the darkness, begging for her soul to be saved.

But Tatum Adler's a killer. She has no soul to save.

She spent her whole life breaking the rules enforced on her by the Ark. She caused mayhem and did all of it with a smile. Some would think she had nothing better to do. Most know it's cause her life's a series of mayhem, so why not cause more on her own?

On November 3rd, straight out the womb, Teresa Adler dies in childbirth, her body bloody and a crying baby girl on her unbeating chest. On March 25th, at the age of fourteen, Silas Adler dies from an incurable sickness. His body's floated into solace where he can be with the stars while his daughter grows up on the space ark alone, causing more trouble each day. On May 12th, Tatum meets Riley Evergreen, an older boy with brown hair and dreamy eyes. His repairs her aching heart in a matter of months. They're completely in love.

She's fifteen by the time she realizes something's wrong with their relationship. But Tatum loved him. Riley was the only one for her. He filled the hole in her heart that her father left behind. But in Riley's eyes, she's just a girl. He's above her. Then a tragedy strikes and it's all her fault. But it's not her fault. It's his. It's his! She's fifteen the first time he lays a hand on her. Suddenly, Tatum's no longer just a girl. Her youthfulness turns into rage. Her rage is ugly. Scornful. And it might just get her killed.