6. love's a dangerous game to play

SIX

SIX. love's a dangerous game to play

trigger warnings: mentions of abuse and blood

Tatum's head is underwater. The green eyed monster holds her by her hair and he's going to kill her. And she knows she deserves it. She's ready to die in this bathtub because she wants to feel the touch of his hands and that means her life is over anyways. She's fifteen. She knows these things. She knows how to read and do long division and she knows that boys who like to hurt girls is a dead boy inside the body of a king, unless she keeps her mouth shut, which she didn't, because she knows she's weak and hollow and it doesn't matter anymore.

Are you brave? The devil asks. No, she answers, but I am alive.

Tatum groaned in pain. Her body was stiff and burning hot yet her lips were dry. When she twitched, everybody around her gathered around the table she was on. "Tatum, are you okay?" Monty was the first to ask.

Her eyelashes fluttered on her cheeks and she let out another groan. "What happened?" Her words muffled.

"Cougar attack," Bellamy answered this time and stood beside Monty by her legs. "You got some gnarly scars on your back."

"I don't have anything on my face, do I do?"

"Uh, no, you don't." Clarke answered with a shake of her head and her brows scrunched together.

"Good," she responded weakly. "I'm too pretty to have face scars right now." It made them all laugh. "Can I sit up?"

"Yeah." Clarke and Octavia helped her shift on the table.

Tatum groaned again at the feeling her back injury. "God damn, that hurts like a bitch." She hissed through her teeth. She then noticed that Bellamy's jacket was covering the front part of her body and she looked at him through her lashes. He just smiled slightly, a light redness on his tan cheeks. She looked between all of them, remembering there was someone missing. "Is Jasper okay?"