Chapter 2

" Oh, I am so sorry. I thought this was for anyone." I get up and run into him. Just great not only did I take his spot, I bumped into him. I couldn't have made a bigger fool of myself, until I looked up and felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

" No, no I was joking. I must be bad at that huh?" I look down and walk over to where I was sitting. I hear his shoes move and he comes sits next to me.

" Not that bad. I just thought you meant it was like... only yours or.. something" I am being so weird (AHHH).

" I'm Embry." I look up after finally gaining my composure, and hold out my hand.

" Heaven, I just moved here to my grandmas."

" Nice, may I ask why?" At this I look down again. I don't really wanna talk about the reason I moved because of what I told you earlier.

" I needed a 'change' is what my Mom said" I put air quotes on the change. " If I told you why I needed the change I'd be called crazy so, anyway what are you doing at the beach?" I asked changing the subject.

" Nothing much, it's the weekend thought I'd hangout at my spot. I see I am not the only one with a good eye, or the only one who pays attention to stuff like that." My phone starts ring and I look at it.

" Sorry it's my Mom."

" No problem I'll walk away for a minute." He got up and walked away so I could talk to her. I was totally not expecting that.

" Hi Mom, whats up?"

" Nothing it's almost dinner. Where are you? You dissappeared."

" I heard you and Grams talking so I went to the beach. I'm fine, I promise. I'm on my way now."

" You can't walk off like that, be on your way safely." She hung up and I was a little upset. She said that as if I were 3 and walked off in a store, and I know that because when I was 3 I walked off in the store. Embry came back and sat down.

" Have a good dinner. Do you know your way back? I could walk you if you don't."

" Just a question, before I go. Those people down there, Sam, Jared, and Paul what's their.. like what's their deal?"

" Well, they are like some cult, I like to call them hall monitors on steroids."

" They're on steroids?"

" Don't know, but one minute they looked like me, the next that."

" I guess I can keep my 10 dollars. That's a relief."

" 10 dollars?"

" I made a bet with Jared that he couldn't find something cool about him by the next time I saw him. He was being a smarta*s." I got up a dusted the sand off of me. I started walking and stopped when Embry called my name.

" Yeah?"

" If you want I can give you my number to show you around town when your done with school tomorrow." He says, he has a smile that could literally set me on fire. ( UGH what is going on?)
" Uhh, yeah. Sure. Smoothest way too. " I hand him my phone and he puts his number in.

" I'll see you again." He says before walking off. OMG. I can't belive I've known him for like 1 hour, and have a crush. I don't even really know him. I can find out more after school, tomorrow though. Yeah, after school.

I start walking off to and head the direction I came from.

---

When I get home Mom is waiting at the door. I look at her with a ' I'm back/annoyed' look and just pass her to the dining room.

" Where were you sweatheart. Your mom was worried."

" I was at the beach. Met a couple people."

" Who? Friends already?"

" I would only count 1 as a new friend, Embry, I don't know his last name yet. We're going to hang out after school. He's giving me a tour. I think, I was told he doesn't like the town a whole lot. Before that I asked directions to the cliffs to people named Sam, Paul, and Jared. The native people have really high body tempature. I wish I could stay warm enough to be able to wear my swimsuit to swim."

" Who told you Embry didn't like the town?" Mom asks. Grams and I were basically ignoring my mom who was eating ( not to be rude).

" Did I say I was told? I meant he was giving me a vibe, kinda. He just looked different when he said he'd take me on a tour there. At the same time I just met him so, I don't know."

" So no one else told you? Just a vibe?" I nodded slowly. Man, my Mom no wonder my mom was a book author. I should've caught myself before I said that.

I finish eating and give a goodnight to my Mom and Grams. I walk upstairs, set my alarm for the schooldays ( my Mom thinks it's weird, but I set them at around 5:00 or 5:30), and go to sleep.
School tomorrow will be wierd.