Chapter 12

Maybe I call them both?

   My phone vibrates in my hand.

   Mya: My mom told me you mom is moving here.

   Rights Mya's mom is a realtor. I open it up to text back.

   Heaven: Yeah, she is. Im awake now, sorry it took so long, and for worrying you.

   I send the text, I decide to text Embry while waiting for a reply.

   Heaven: Hey, I'm finally awake. How's your last few days been?

   I lay my head back as I wait for my friends to text me back. My door opens and I hear someone sit on the chair. It's probably Grams.

   "My days have been stressful. To say it in the least words." I open my eyes and my smile grows ear to ear.

   "Embry." I breathe. "Hi. Sorry for worrying you. I wanted to help Bella." I say. My door opens again and Mya enters this time. She runs over and hugs me.

   "Heaven! I am so glad your grandma let me come in. I was so worried." She says. Her hug crushing me. I pat her back and my smile is still on my face.

    "Well, I would - say something - but your hug is crushing." I say. She let's go while laughing. She looks at the seat and sees Embry.

   "Who are you? Her boy-"

   "Thats Embry!." I cut her off. "He's in the grade I'm supposed to be in. Sophomore. Also in a different school." I say. I don't think I did tell you I skipped a grade did I?

   "Hi, nice to meet you finally." Embry says putting his hand out for her to shake. She accepts and shakes his hand.

   "You too. She talks about me?"

   "Yep, about as much as I talked about my friends before she finally met them."

   "She already met your friend before you met me?" He looks at me and I laugh.

   "Yes?" He says more like a question.

   "Well, that's weird. Also don't worry she talks about all her friends a lot. Which happen to be only me and you. She seems to have a lot of topics about y-"

   "Yorkies! They are just so cute." I cut her off. I smile at Embry, and kick Mya with my leg. Ignoring the pain in my back.

   "Yeah, yorkies. Those super adorable little doggies are just her favourite."

   "I thought your favorite was a pug or pitbull?" Embry states, but says it more like a question.

   "Yeah, but yorkies are still adorable. So soft, and furry, and fluffy, but like I've said wolves beat dogs anyway. Werewolves, wolves, any wolf like anything is amazing."

   "I like vampires. They are cool. Only downside is the fact they have to drink human blood. The good vampires are the ones I like though. The ones who don't like drinking human blood." Mya starts saying. I have had to cut her off a lot more today than usual.

   Embry nods his head. His long hair falls with the motion.

   "I think I would choose werewolves over bloodsuckers but, I am not really into to either a whole lot." He says. I put a hand on my chest and gasp dramatically.

   "How could you not like werewolves or vampires a whole lot? Do you like other supernatural creatures at least?"

   "Don't really do the whole supernatural thing. Though hearing you talk about it is nice. You can love it all you want." He says. He said the last two sentences in a kind of rushed way.

   "Well, I made a friend today. He is new also. We have gotten to many new kids this year. His name is Griffin and he's cute, and from when we talked he's not a total jerkwad." I turn my face to her and smile.

   "Thats great! Though as the bestfriend I have to make sure before you crush to hard on him he's actually nice." I say with a laugh. Mya and Embry laugh too.

   "How is you back?" Mya asks.

   "Fine. I was just clumsy. Bella must be rubbing off on me." I joke Mya laughs but Embry looks confused. "Bella is a super clumsy person."

   "I have to go, my moms waiting for me. Here is what I was forced to give you. Teachers are a nightmare when they pay attention to your friends. It's the work you missed in our classes. I will see you tomorrow as well." Mya hugs me again, I hug her back with one arm the other holding a few days worth of homework.

   "See you tomorrow Mya." I say as she walks out.

   Embry shifts in his chair and smiles at me. I smile back, even when I'm in a hospital bed after surviving being thrown across a room by a vampire he still gives me butterflies.

   "So you went after Bella, who is a super clumsy girl? Now you lay in a hospital bed? What did you guys do? See who could get hurt worse? She wins the money, though you could still get the  -" I decide to cut him off on his joking rant.

   "Yes. I am in a hospital bed but I am going to get free pudding so, yay! She was upset that she likes Edward, she didn't want to get attached. We also did not bet on who would get hurt worse on our way, I heard she left and wanted to make sure she didn't do anything irrational. She also wins the lottery. I got glass in my back and a little headache, she has a broken leg,arm injury, and more." I laugh a little to ease the tension that surfaced in the room.

   "I'm glad you're okay. I missed your company while you were gone, I had to confide with Jake and Quil." He says laughing. I laugh along, not like a little laugh but whole body laugh, causing pain to shoot through my back a little.

   "I'm sorry. I know I probably shouldn't have done it, but I can be stupid sometimes. If you think its-" He cuts me off.

   "I have no reason to be mad. One of your friends went off, you helped, not my place to scold or be mad. At all. I actually think it's quite a nice gesture. When you get out I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out, that would also be after you are done recovering, and out of possible punishment." I shake my head.

   "I would love to hang out. Also I don't think I will be punished my Grams said the same about how I went to help my friend so its okay. I just feel bad I lied. I probably should have told the truth. I just didn't want anyone following us because it would have made her even more panicky. You see what happened after just me. There would have been a pile up!" I say, the last bit being more of a joke. He laughs and theres a knock on the door.

   "I should go. See you soon. Get better, please. I need more than Jake and Quil again." I laugh and we hug before he leaves. Carlisle comes in as he leaves.

   "Bella is actually okay right? Are you guys okay? Im sorry I wasn't any help. I already told Alice that I'm sorry I didn't leave any kind if clue or note. I feel stupid, but Bella was trying to go on her own." He nods his head after sitting in the chair Embry had been in.

   "As I'm sure you've been told, Bella is fine. We are as well. Nobody but James was harmed. You couldn't have known to leave a note. We are lucky James didn't do a whole lot of damage to you guys. I have no doubt that Bella went to leave on her own. She said that on the phone she thought he took her mom, and your friend Mya.-"

   "Wait, she knew that my friend could have possibly been there?" I ask, for a time like this I shouldn't be mad. I know I should be worried about her, but I'm mad that she knew Mya was 'there' definitely tried to go off without me.

   Carlisle looks at me, then starts to nod.  I feel my heart beat increase with my anger. Why would Bella do that?

   No, don't be mad. She was probably just trying to protect me. She just wanted to protect people she cared about, and Mya. Does she care about me? Or did she do it just for her mom?