Chapter 7

So I decided to play sick today. I am so not ready to talk about how the Cullens are vampires, mythical, supernatural, not supposed to be real, creatures. To think that I was ready was stupid. I can't talk to them. I can't talk to Grams, or anyone because I will be sent to a pysch ward for being insane.

   'Oh guess what guidance counselor I saw one of the Cullens drinking blood from a deer. They said they were vampires with special gifts. My Grams says that I'm a banshee, and that the legends about shapeshifters from the natives are true.'. ' Yes, you seem to have an imagination.' Later on a phone call to the nearest place that will take a teenager with a crazy mind saying vampires are real.
      " You okay? You haven't come down yet. " Grams says walking in. I lay my head down further to get away from the light. I hold my stomach with my other hand.

       " I don't really feel well Grams. I feel so sick. Can I skip today?" Grams comes over and feels my forehead. She moves her hand to my cheek and I hope she says yes. I can not face the Cullens after last night. I was thinking about the whole thing all night.

   The fact that I accepted it the way I did yesterday was weird. I am not like that, people who do that are insane. As insane as the thought Embry could turn into a huge dog according to his legends. Maybe. I think? I just don't feel like talking to them about it till I actually let it sink in.

      " I guess you could stay home. I will make some of my sick day breakfast." I smile and nod my head.

      It has been about half an hour. Grams gave me the food and I am sitting happily, trying to forget about the so called vampires.

                               ---

      School hours are over and so now I am sitting on the couch. Embry had texted me to meet him at the beach again today.

      " Grams, Embry wanted to hang out. I was wondering if we hung out at his house since I didn't feel good earlier if it was okay." She looks at me from her spot on the couch.

     " As long as it's indoors don't want you getting sick again. Though I really just think you used it as an excuse to skip."

      " I won't do it again. I am sorry I lied." She laughs and looks at me.

      " It's okay sweetheart. I was a teenager and did my fair square of lying to my parents. You apologized though. Have fun with your friend. Also don't do it again or there will be consequences. " I jump up and  hug her. I run up to my room.

      Heaven: We could hang out at your house or somewhere indoors. I faked being sick, and promised my Grams.

     I go to my dresser and pull out a black shirt that has a galaxy colored wolf design in the middle. The words say 'wolf girl' above the wolf. I pair it with a pair of high waisted blue jeggings.

      Embry: that's cool. We could hang out with Jake and Quil. You can finally meet them.

      Heaven: Yeah that sounds cool. Can't wait... where do we meet? I don't know how to get to Jacob's house.

      I brush my hair one more time. I walk to my phone and see Embry texted back.

      Embry: Meet me at the beach. Might want to drive though. I can give you directions from there.

      Heaven: Yeah. Sure, meet you there.
      I can't help the smile that seems to be pushed on my face anytime I am with him. I feel like I formed a crush on him way to fast. I like him for sure, it feels like the couple days I have known him, that it's really been my whole life. I go back downstairs. I say 'bye' to Grams and go to my car. I start driving.