Chapter 2

I woke up in the morning, feeling tired. Uh, I can't believe that I've been put off work for 2 months! Now how am I going to help my mum pay the bills?? My Dad? Yeah, he left when I was a kid, but I don't really care. It's not like I miss him or anything. I jump out of bed and run towards the bathroom, needing to go pee. What? A girls gotta pee sometime. Anyway, once I finished my business, I jumped down the stairs and walked into the lounge. My mum was sitting at the counter and I walked over for a hug.

"Morning Mum," I yawned, still exhausted.

"Morning darling," Mum replied.

"I have a shift all day and I won't be back until late, so here's some money for dinner and whatever else you need it for," Mum says.

"OK, thanks mum, bye," I call as she hurries out the door. Mum's a doctor and is always taking long shifts for the extra cash.

I grab a raspberry smoothie for breakfast and walk back up the stairs, feeling good. I look through my wardrobe, trying to decide what to wear, when I start to think about the party Jess mentioned. I don't think I'll go but I'm sure Jess will go. She never misses a party, ever! I quietly chuckle at how different but the same me and Jess are. I grab out a cute black sundress, which has pink and yellow patterns on it. I pair it with tan sandals and put my hair into a high ponytail.

I run out the door and hop into my fluro yellow mini. Yes, fluro yellow. I rev the engine and start to drive to school, when I got a phone call from Jess.

"Hey Jess," I answer.

"Hey, so I have some great news! I got us invites to the biggest party of the year!" Jess squeals.

"What? I am totally not going," I reply.

"What? It will be awesome! And guess who's running the party? The one and only guy you've had a crush on for eternity!" Jess screams.

"I don't think so Jess, and I don't like Chase anymore," I groaned.

"Oh, whatever, so are you in?" Jess asks like her life depends on it.

"Ok, fine. On one condition," I groan.

"Ok, what?" Jess screams over the phone.

"You have to talk to Austin," I smirk.

"NO! No, no, no, no and no!" Jess answers.

So, the reason with Jess and Austin? Jess has had a crush on Austin, Chase's best friend, for her whole life! Well, since 7th Grade.

"Ok, have a great time at the party," I laugh, "Alone."

"Oh, fine. I'll talk to Austin if you come to the party," Jess surrenders.

"Ok, so you'll pick me up at 4 this afternoon?" I ask, checking my phone to see if anything else is on. Nope, nothing.

"No. We're going shopping!" Jess squeals.

"What, why?" I ask.

"Because you have nothing suitable to wear to a party, in your closet!" Jess states as if it's obvious.

"Whatever, at least you're not a guy, that would be horrible," I shiver at the thought. Imagine going shopping with a guy, ew!

"Ok, see you at school then," Jess chuckles.

"Bye!" I hang up and carry on driving to school.

Once I pull up, I jump out of my car and grab my backpack. I put it on my back and lock the car. I start to walk into school, and I notice everyone is talking about the party tonight. Whatever. I roll my eyes and carry on walking down the hall.