⁰⁶-𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭

The rumor has it she is the one he is leaving you for.

HOW EXCITING IS BEING BACK TO SCHOOL, going away with your friends, preparing yourself for your last year of high school and

HOW EXCITING IS BEING BACK TO SCHOOL, going away with your friends, preparing yourself for your last year of high school and... People mumbling everywhere you go?

I walk down the corridor, people looking at me with attention, muttering non- stop all around me and some people touching my shoulder. What's with this people? Is the only thought that fills my mind when Inez stumbles as she reaches me from behind.

"Inez! How was your summer?" I ask to the nervous girl beside me.

"Betty, you need to listen to me." Her soft voice tries to silent me up.

"What's with this people tho?" Their gazes are hitting me like daggers or maybe is Inez who they are looking at?

"Betty." She calls more impatiently.

"Why are they looking at me like that? Do i look bad? Do i have something in my hair?" I start to freak out, imaging several scenarios of what could i have done.

"Betty!" Her scream wakes me up from my questions and i look at her as she takes my hand and drives me to the bathroom.

"Inez we have class, what do you want?"

"Betty, this is important." Her pale pink dress that compliments her dark skin tone flows behind her as she paces nervously around the toilet.

"Are you... Okay?" I feel the pressing in my chest, concerned fills my face as her onyx-coloured gaze connects with mine.

"Have you not heard the rumors?" She bites her nails anxiously with every word.

"What rumors?" I ask as im expecting the worst.

Because deeply inside i knew

"James was with another girl, a younger one, all summer long." She lashes about.

"What?" I feel like the world is collapsing beneath my feet, crumbling with every breath, cracking with every thought.
The sky is filled with raging thunderstorms, the ocean is flowding houses and tents and the fire burns my skin, like there are stiches inside it.

"I saw them behind the mall." I can't remember how but now I'm crying on the ground, Inez holding me thight and embeloping me in a hug.

" Hey, don't cry, he is a dumbass if he did that, letting you go was his worst mistake." I clasp her hand with melancholy as i cry and cry and cry.
I cry because i knew something would happen, i cry because i love him, i cry because I'm angry, i cry because i hate him and i cry because he underestimated me.

"Have you heard about Betty? James cheated on her! Wait a second... Isn't that Betty who is walking out the bathroom with such an anger?"

 Isn't that Betty who is walking out the bathroom with such an anger?"