²⁰-𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞

“The boy on the balcony hears her saying sorry, he has make mistakes and his heart tells him he just lost the only one who cared.”

GOODBYES are always sad, it doesn't matter if you are meant to let that person go

He knew that and she knew that too.

James had made mistakes, mistakes that had hurt two girls.

Betty had to let go, being blind with love isn't the best thing to do.

Goodbyes are terribly sad, the memories will always haunt you, your heart will always ache.

To say a good goodbye you need to be mature enough to let that person go.

Betty still loved James, she was worried she always would but she saw it this way; James didn't want to grow up, he was like Peter Pan and Betty was always a grown up, she had to let go, even if it hurted, like Wendy.

James surprisingly understood.

But he had lost the one.
The one who was always there.
The one who loved him the most.
The one that smelled like summer.
The one who smelled like cinnamon.
The one muse for his songs.
The one that waited for him to call.

He didn't know who was really the one he had lost.

He just knew that chasing two girls is the worst mistake you can make.

He wasn't that much of a bad guy, Betty knew, but just one wrong thing can make your life drown.

Goodbyes are difficult, they are not always easy.
Goodbyes need to be miserable.
Goodbyes are terrible.

"I love you." He whispered one last time.

"I do too, but goodbyes are always like this." She looked at his eyes, getting lost on the chocolate colour one last time.

"I don't want to say goodbye." He was going to cry.

"Neither do I, but we have to." Betty tried to smiles, but she knew that if she did so, she would sob.

"Betty... I am so sorry..." He looked at the ground, guilty.

"I know, but we can't do that." She hugged him, and he held onto her body like he would die if he didn't.
But he had to let go.

"Bye, Betty."He said like a quiet melody.

"Goodbye James." And as they broke the hug and she disappeared under the moonlight, he watched the beach from his house, far, nostalgic and shinning with the moon on the sky.

And he let himself cry,
He cried because of Betty,
He cried because of Agustine
And he cried because of his mistake.

“You can't always stay in the past... Wake up darling, that's always the best thing to do.”

”