¹⁹-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

“A girl that smelled like summer gave a note to a gossip one, that give that letter to a girl filled with battle scars.”

BETTY WOKE UP to hear rustling under the door of her room, she stood up and went to see what was making that noise

When she looked to the ground she found a letter and with an unknown curiosity she took it to open it.

“Dear Betty,
I know the last thing you want is to hear about me,
but i beg you to try to listen,
listen to my story.

I'm Agustine.

The first time I saw James i felt in love with him, i didn't try to approach him tho, i was fifteen, he was seventeen, it would have been a disaster.

I didn't expect him to be on that bench that sunny morning.

He looked at me, i looked at him and it was like the whole world was spinning.

I didn't know he had a girlfriend, so I invited him to get in.

I invited him to my house on the cliff, and it was perfect.

I loved him, i believed he loved me, but he didn't, he loved you.

When i discovered he had a girlfriend, and that it was you, my heart shattered.

You are perfect; pretty, rich, sweet and intelligent.

I am not any of those things.

I believe I'm kind,naive and poor.

I'm sorry for any of the damage.

But I'm here to tell you what this did to me;
I was heart broken, i cried every night.
I lost all my friends.
I was completely alone.

Betty, please, break up with James, not for me, but for yourself, if he broke your heart once, he will do it again.

I hope one day we can be friends and i will tell you this story, but with more details than what I have said in this paper.

Thank you and I hope you have a great day.”

When Betty finished reading, she found herself crying.

Crying tears of being stupid.
Crying because she loved him
and crying because of Agustine's story.

She felt like she had lost herself, and now she had recovered it.

She knew James would came back and she knew James would go.

“When you chase two girls, you know you are going to lose the two of them, never really knowing who was your true love.”

”