1

You laugh as you and Grimmel raced up the hill. "Hey! No fair! You had a head start!" Grimmel yelled behind you as he rushed to pass you before you win. He groaned when you won, " Yes! I win! Again!" You laughed out as you lifted your arms up in the air. Grimmel groaned again before throwing himself on the grass and closed his eyes. " Whatever." You leaned over him, your hands on your hips as you wore your grin. Grimmel opened his eyes when your shadow towered over him. "Just admit it, you'll never beat me!" Grimmel glared and rolled his eyes, a blush appearing on his face as he looked away. "Whatever." He said and you lay next to him.

You both stayed silent as you both stare up at the clouds. Suddenly night came and you finally sat up, " You should probably start heading back, your parents will get worried." You said looking at Grimmel. Grimmel sat up and looked over at you. "Your right, but I can't leave you out here without protection." He said confidently, making you blush. You grabbed both his hands and looked into his eyes. "Don't worry about me! You know I can defend myself! Plus! Dragons haven't been around, so I'll doubt they'll come today!" You said reassuring him and smiling. He let out a sigh before nodding. "See you tomorrow N/n!" He said as he ran off.

You smiled and waved goodbye. Once he vanished a sudden sadness rushed through you. Your parents have pasted fighting against Dragons, you weren't there when killed, but you were at the funeral and the one to burn their boats. That day Grimmel was there trying to cheer you up.

Boy were you wrong about that night. Dragons flooded the valley once again. Grimmel's parents rushed into the fight to help the others, but Grimmel only panicked. He had left you alone and unprotected and things seemed to only have gotten worse when one of the vikings called out, " NIGHTFURY!!" Grimmel ran out of his house, ignoring the calls of his parents. He ran around the village till he heard a scream. His head snapped towards that direction and ran at full speed.

Tears ran down your face as you slid yourself back. The Nightfury growled as it continued to move closer to you. Your back suddenly pressed up against a tree and your hands trembled. As Grimmel ran, he snatched up a crossbow and axe. Grimmel finally reached up the hill and shot the arrow without aiming. The Nightfury roared in pain before directing its attention towards Grimmel. Grimmel  glared at the dragon before charging. Grimmel shot another arrow, distracting the dragon with pain. Grimmel tossed you the axe and you quickly grabbed it.

You quickly stood and helped Grimmel fight. "Y/n! Quick! The axe!" He yelled and you quickly tossed it to him and the dragon charged towards you again, tears swelling up in your eyes as your defenseless. Grimmel finally swung down  the axe, finally ending the life of the Nightfury. You were back against the tree, you let out a breath of relief as tears fell down your face again. Grimmel dropped the axe and rushed to you, pulling you into a tight hug. You gripped tightly onto his shirt. "Did it hurt you!?" He said pulling away and wiping your tears. He then started to check you in case of wounds.

You go to stand and he helps you." Yeah I'm alright--" You suddenly almost collapse, but Grimmel quickly caught you. "Maybe a twisted ankle... But it's alright! I can walk--" You tried to walk by yourself, but collapse again, Grimmel quickly catching you. He quickly picked you up bridal style and you squealed a bit. Your face became completely flushed, " G-Grimmel! P-put me down!" Grimmel shook his head, " Your hurt, I can't let you walk." Right then the vikings came to the scene after hearing the dragon roar in pain.

"Look! It's the Nightfury!"

"Grimmel killed it!"

"He's a hero! Hurray!!"

The vikings cheered as he walked by the other vikings as they cheered. Grimmel's chest swelled up with pride and confidence as he walked through the crowd, but he didn't show it of course. "Would you look at that. The hero saves the village, and saves a damsel in distress." You said as your face continues to be coated in pink. Grimmel chuckled, making your stomach interrupt with butterflies. "Well, the hero wouldn't have done it without you." You gave him a confused look, " I didn't do anything, I just.... Coward away..." You said looking away sadly.

Grimmel placed you down on the bench and kneeled in front of you. "Even after you coward away, you got up and put up a fight. If you'd had not done it, I don't think either of us would be here by now... You basically are a hero too. " He said trying to make you feel better as he took off you fur boot. You blushed again and watched as he grabbed a bandage and wrapped it around your hurt ankle.

Once he had finished, he placed your boot back on. He stood up and wiped the dirt off his knee. "There, you should stay at my place." He went to lift you up, but you stopped him. He gave you a slight confused look. "Your not so sly mister." You said as you crossed your arms over your chest. " What do you mean?" He asked confused. "I know your hurt. You can't hide that from me." You said as you made him sit down.

Grimmel looked away blushing again. The other vikings always struggle to know what was going through Grimmel and his mind, but you were always able to read him like an open book. He didn't know how or why, but he was honestly happy you could see right through him. "Where is it?" You asked as you looked at him with worry. He lifted the side of his shirt to reveal a semi-deep wound. You hissed a bit, " That's going to scar." You turned away to get something for the wound.

He loved how caring you were towards him. You gave him a chance unlike everyone else. Most of the emotion you had seen, he would mostly show to you and no one else. He loved how gentle you were, even though you trained almost every day. He wanted to be with you for the rest of his life. He wanted you to be his wife in the future. You turned back towards him and started to attend the wound.

This is the beginning, hope y'all caught on to that. Well anyway I hoped you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you in the next one! Love y'all! Byeee💜💜