2

D/t- Dragon type
D/n- Dragon name

You limped a bit as you walked around. You weren't able to find Grimmel anywhere and it was starting to worry you. You let out a sigh and went up the hill to train with your axe. You let out a yell as you threw your axe at a tree. This time, your aim was way off, sending the axe deep into the woods. You let out a sigh and limp into the forest. "Ugh... My ankle is killing me..." You said as you stumbled a bit. You let out a sigh of relief once you saw your axe. You limp faster and grab it before freezing up. A large shadow towered over you. Your eyes widened and you slowly looked up to see a d/t dragon staring back at you.

You snatched up your axe and stumbled back. The dragon only moved closer as you moved back, it growled at you as its slit eyes watched you. You watched it in horror when your back hit the tree. The dragon raised it hand(paw? Idk) and knocked out the axe, making you freeze up more. You reached both your hands out to try to stop it, curling up against the tree, waiting for it to finish you off. Suddenly a warmth came to your hand.

You looked and your eyes widened. The dragon's snout was on your hands. The dragon started to purr once you slowly started to pet it. The dragon laid its head on your lap, making you stiff before relaxing. You smiled at the dragon as you continued to pet him, until you heard someone calling your name. " Y/n! Where are you?! " You quickly stood up, making the dragon grumble a bit. " I know, I'm sorry, but I gotta go! I can't let them find out your here... But I'll make sure to come back tomorrow, I promise!" You said as you pet it one more time and ran off, not forgetting your axe.

You come out of the forest pushing the leaves aside. " Sorry, my axe fell into the forest. "  You said and Grimmel sighed. "You had me worried a bit. " He mumbled removing a leaf from your hair. "You were worried? I looked for you everywhere and I couldn't find you!" You said crossing your arms. "Sorry.... " he whispered, not wanting you to hear it, since he wasn't the type of person to say it. " I was talking with the chief. Your eyes suddenly lit up. " Tell me everything!"

He told you about how he was honored as a hero and that he would officially become a viking for what he did that night. Your eyes shined, " Aren't you excited!? Your technical the first kid to become a viking!" You said grabbing his hands and bouncing a bit on your heels. A blush came to his face and he looked away. "Meh bound to become a viking at some point." He said shrugging. You scoffed and punched him on the shoulder. "Ow!" "Let's just head back to the village, your parents must worried and proud." You grabbed his arm and ran off.

"Stay inside! Ok?" Grimmel said to you and you nodded." Be careful!" You said as you pulled him into a tight hug. He hugged back before pulling away and rushing off. Grimmel was going to help everyone fight off the dragons. You did as told and stayed inside the house. You suddenly gasped when you saw the ceiling burn up into flames, your eyes going wide. A Monstrous Nightmare growled at you from the roof, it's mouth heating up to blast you. You cover, ready to get hit and end your life, but nothing came. Suddenly the D/t from earlier was in front of you. It sended a blast at the Monstrous Nightmare, making it rush off.

The D/t suddenly grabbed you, making you panic. "Wait no--where are you taking me!?" You screamed as you started to get higher and higher. "Grimmel!!" Grimmel turned at the faint voice, looking around before looking up and his eyes going wide. "Y/n!!" He ran and grabbed his crossbow. He quickly aimed and tried to shoot the arrow, but the dragon dodged and flew higher. The second time he went to shoot, the dragon was too far up for the arrow to reach. Tears fell down your face.

Grimmel's arms dropped to his side, watching as you were carried away. For the first time, fear crept into him and his heart. The crossbow slipped out of his hand. He was never going to see you again..his fist clenched up.... And all because those stupid dragons...." grrAHHHH!!!" He stomped on the crossbow, making it into shattered wood. He promised himself that from that day forward, he would become a dragon killer.

Sobs came from your lips as you sat on a log in front of the fire. You tried to wipe your tears, but they only continued to fall. "Why! I know you were trying to save me, but why take me away! No they think I'm dead!" You said sobbing, suddenly you froze. Memories flashed in your mind, " No... Thank you actually..." You said, and the dragon looked at you confused, tilting it's head. " I was only getting in his way... He'll be better off without me..." You said looking down and wiping your tears. The dragon came to you and placed it's head on your lap. You gave him/her a small smile. "I think I'll name you... D/n." You said petting it.

The next day the two of you flew off to find a new place to stay. You laid on D/n back tiredly before an island came into view. D/n grumbled excitedly, " Finally! But you have to hide ok? I don't want you to get hurt or worse... This is Berk... The strongest viking village for killing dragons. " You said. You both landed in a forest. "You have to stay here ok? I'll be back to give you food and stuff okay?" D/n purred and you smiled, petting it one last time before rushing off.

You rushed out of the forest and instantly ran into someone. "Ouch... " "oh I'm so sorry!" You said helping the girl up. "It's alright. I'm Valka!" You smiled, " I'm Y/n. I'm new here." Her eyes gleamed, " Let me show you around then!" She said grabbing you and pulling you into the village.

Once you too reached teenage years. You decided to show Val D/n. And it turned out way differently then expected. And ever since that day she had tried to get everyone and the vikings to not hurt dragons. You were there for her on her wedding day, the day she gave birth to her new born hiccup, and the day... She was sadly taken away. When Stoick told you the news, you wanted to break down right there and then, but you held it in and pulled Stoick into a tight hug, knowing he needed it more then you did.

Present Day

Welp I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't be afraid to vote and Share. Also don't be afraid to check out my other stories! Love y'all, thank you for reading! And I'll see you in the next one! Byeee💜💜