Chapter 4: Birthday

1st POV
World 0 | year 1 | month 1 | day 2

7 Days

7 days left and it is technically my birthday today, Well at least my birthday in any reality that isn't the CB reality. Though it's not that I've really told Sebastian or Notan about it.

I get up like I normally would and head to get changed into something warm.

What age do I classify myself? Or what would I celebrate it as? Probably 19.

Luckily for me, or rather my choosing. I am going to a reality where I'm about 17, so I do really look any different. Other than of course the crimson red hair, but I starting to think about it just being a permanent thing. Though I do still like my dark brown hair.

I head over towards the mansion, ready for a rather quite normal day. I walk in and everything seems normal Sebastian is still in bed, so I go and cook some breakfast. I go with French toast today.

Once I was finished cooking, Sebastian came down. "Morning, Sebastian." I greet with a smile, and the bottom of my hair is slightly yellow.

"Is there something special on today?" He suddenly asks as I give him his plate.

"Why do you ask?" I ask curious, with my eyes turning light purple and bottom of hair turns slight purple.

"You seem too cheerful." He states, eying me suspiciously.

"Hey, I can be happy." I state a little offended and get some of my toast, as my hair and eyes return to normal.

"I never said you could." He states now watching me more carefully.

We eat in silence until Notan decides to grace us with their presents and sits in the doorway.

"When exactly is my birthday?" They ask, causing me to almost choke, my eyes turning light blue and a streak of greyish blue hair appears.

What the hell? Are they trying to tell me they know without saying it or something?

"I guess yours would be the 25th of January, as I last shifted on that day. Which caused you to spawn." I state after calming down a little for a moment, my hair and eyes returning to normal.

Notan nods in response. "Okay, what is up with you?" Sebastian asks, already annoyed that he can't figure it out.

"Nothing really." I state and move to get up and wash my dishes.

"Wait, what is a birthday?" He asks, before I left the room, causing me to pause.

There's the reason I haven't told them yet. Wait, how does Notan know what a birthday is?

"It's to celebrate a year of your life making it an annual event." I state before continuing to the kitchen.

He soon follows with his plate, "So I have one too?" He asks.

"Of course, we all do. Yours is on the 14th when you were first spawned." I answer and take his plate.

"When is yours then?" He asks.

"It's today actually." I say softly.

"Today?! What do you do on birthday's? What do we do for you?" He questions, looking a bit frantic.

"We bake a cake and I blow out candles, after you sing a song." I state.

"Is that it?" He asks, thinking that sounds simple enough.

"Well, you can gift presents, but I don't see the point of that. Considering we can get anything we need from Bubble region." I answer.

"Oh, okay. So it's like Christmas but for one person?" He questions.

"It can be but it depends if multiple people are born on the same day, in that case they celebrate their birthday on the same day." I explain.

"So, now we have to cook you a cake?" He asks.

"Yeah, let's do that." I say and begin to prepare the ingredients.

We make a chocolate cake and I get some candles plus a lighter. I then begin to teach him the song. Soon, it was time for the singing and cake.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Mother, happy birthday to you." Sebastian sings, quite well to.

I blow out the candles, "what did you wish for?" Notan asks.

"That's a secret, you can't tell or it doesn't come true." I answer.

"Really?" Sebastian states.

"Yeah, or that least that's how it goes." I state, before grabbing a knife and cutting it up.

I give Sebastian a piece, I cut one for myself and I give Notan a special small cat food cake I made for them.

"Thank you." They say, sounding a bit touched by the gesture.

The rest of the day ended up being quite and I enjoyed it quite a bit, happy to have it with them.