Her reasons and first real meeting

Author's POV
Elina closed the door casually and went ahead.
Izuku darted his eyes and ran every where in the storage room muttering," Where is it? Where did I throw it?"

Elina stopped a bit, realizing something. She just found her friend unusual and she noticed just now.
"Come on, come on. Where are you?"
He yelled for his wig, as if it would magically come alive and walk up to him, but still he darted everywhere checking the corners too.

She turned around in her path and walked up to the storage room. He jumped on the spare hospital bed to find it too.
Elina opened the door to see him, in the nurse-dress with the cap on and same tamed green locks.
She blinked,"I thought I found something unusual on you, Sister"

He stupidly replied,"Maybe my wig was missing"
She thought she heard wrong,"What?"
He laughed,"Why would anything be unusual. I'm the same Deku you saw on the first day"
She thought a bit and entered the room completely in front of him,"Listen, I want to ask. Why don't you like Shoto?"

He fired back,"Let me ask seriously then, why would you like him?"
She answered,"That's not even to question about. Like I said, he's smart, handsome, well established and most of all, my parents agreed to this marriage. What more would I want?"

"You really are stupid you know. These are not the old times where children agrees everything their parents want. Come back to the reality. These days, people act on what their own hearts want. Why are you acting like an illiterate child?"
Elina blinked at his explanation,"Then, what do you suggest?"

Izuku took her soft hands in his colossal ones,"Listen, Elina. Marriage doesn't mean that you gave each other these rings, but it means to give each other your hearts and promises. Which you didn't do. But just wait.."

She turned to him with an eyebrow raised,"I'm sure that there will be someone who will come in your life that you will grow to love. You then marry that person and live happily ever after"
She cleared,"So you're telling me to marry out of love"
He nodded his head.

She furrowed her eyebrows and took his hand,"Come with me"
He, without any choice, followed her and saw that she took her to the ICU unit.
She took him to a bed where a blonde girl laid with a big patch on her right cheek.

"She's nearly 19 years old. She loved a boy and he loved back too. They were just on the verge to start dating. But a boy in her neighborhood liked her, one-sided love. He confessed and expectedly, she rejected. So out of spite, he destroyed her life. This was the same face he liked, right? Then how did he dare to throw acid on her face?"

Izuku was shocked, both by the state the girl was in and Elina's explanation.
"That's the meaning of love for the boys. They see a pretty face and start loving them. Claiming that they love her unconditionally, not knowing what the girl's hearts wants. Once they are not satisfied, they ruin our lives"

He was genuinely confused, "What is the connection between this and my definition?"
But she lashed out of anger, about how lightly he took the situation,"That's it! Enough! I just wanted your opinion and suggestion about my marriage. You've said enough. From now on, don't interfere on my life, ever again"

She stormed out of there, leaving him with a dejected face and another heartache.
At night, he didn't went home. Instead he looked out of the window, sitting on a chair, in one child's hospital care.
"Sister..."
He turned to the child waking up from the bed.

The same child, he saw taking injections on his first day. Eri, a small child and a total sweetheart. At first, she threw a tantrum when he offered food or asked her to talk to him. She even threw the nearby metal tray at him once which he successfully evaded by going out of the room.