Going downhill

Their lips were still getting a little closer than 1 inch....

When suddenly, the thunder roared loudly snapping out of their mind.

They got away from each other and didn't look at one another.

Elina took one worried glance at him and got out of the stop. When Izuku noticed the empty seat beside him, she already was walking away, even with the heavy rain.

"Elina, wait..."
She didn't hear him the first time but did in the next,"Listen, Twinkle...Just listen for a moment"
He stepped in front of her to which she stopped but turned away from him.

"If your engagement didn't happen," He took her hand with his and looked at the ring,"Or this ring wasn't in your hand... If I were after you that time, would have chosen me?"

She averted her eyes and slowly took her hand back from his gentle hold. Izuku looked at her while she slowly turned away and walked ahead, without giving a glance at him.

He ruffled his matted soaking green hair seeing her walking away without looking back. He felt his heart ache again, which was now really painful.

He didn't thought anymore and turned around. Just as he was about to walk the other way, he heard a shout,"Oi, Midoriya!"

He turned to the voice and saw her looking back at him,"Sure, I would have accepted that"

He smiled widely while she turned back around, this time not looking back at all.
But this, he felt his excitement rush and started running opposite direction yelling and shouting his heart out from the ecstacy.
She laughed hearing his shouts and didn't turn back.

Elina reached home and closed the door of the boundaries as Tenko was out for a few days to visit his friends. She looked at her ring and remembered his words

If your engagement didn't happen or this ring wasn't in your hand, if I were after you that time, would have chosen me?

She carefully removed it, throwing it away without any care and with a smile, she went inside her house ruffling her still drying hair.
But that died out when she saw who was inside her house.

Her mother immediately noticed her still wet clothes and went to her,"Elina! Do you know how worried I was! You were out in the rain for so long and why are your clothes wet"

She stammered,"M-mom, it's okay I just got caught up in the rain and couldn't wait longer alone, so I walked as fast as I can in the rain"
She heard Rei say,"Oh, honey. You could've just informed us or called Shoto to pick you up"

Elina turned to the couch so see the mentioned man sitting there glancing at her from time to time with not-so-trusting eyes, with a glass of juice in his hand.

She looked away and said,"My battery died"

"THANK YOU GOD, WHEREVER YOU ARE, A MILLION THANKS TO YOU!! NOW I BELIEVE IN YOU TRUTHFULLY!!"
"Why are shouting on the rooftop like a maniac?"
Izuku turned to see her mother holding a plate of his favourite Katsudon and immediately snatched it.

"Hey"
Elina turned around seeing Shoto and didn't pay anymore attention. She changed herself into normal dry clothes after a warm bath and tied her hair into a high ponytail, leaving it go dry.

Shoto didn't mind her ignorance and stood beside her,"I have some news for you. A good and a bad one"
She looked at him waiting for him to continue.

He took one sip of the juice,"The good news is I'm joining a multinational hospital in US. And the bad news is... I'm cancelling our marriage"

She looked at him in disbelief to which he expected and played along in his plan, "Dont worry! By cancelling I didn't mean cancelling the whole ceremony, I just renewed the date of our marriage"