Humans

Our story begins on a dark and stormy night in Holo City. The city of old Myths and Legends. On this night one of those legend's has appeared as a young vampire on the run. For she was being chased in different dark alleyways within the city. The young vampire, Kronii Ouro, was fleeing away from a powerful shadowy figure, while holding tight to a bloody wound. Unaware of which way she ran, Kronii found herself out in the middle of one the city's main busy streets. A flash of bright headlights blinded Kronii as gets hit by a car. Passerby saw what happened and quickly called for an ambulance.

As a crowd gathered, caused Kronii's pursuer to hide back into the darkness. Then after a few minutes the paramedic arrived and brought Kronii to the closest hospital, but on arrival the hospital didn't have enough doctors on hand to help. So they had to call one of their stand by doctors in, Dr. Mumei Nanashi. Mumei has just arrived at the same time Kronii did. Mumei quickly listened to the paramedics to hear what her accident was. They told her that she has a large wound on her side and had massive blood loss, along with details from being hit by a car. They quickly rolled her into the emergency room and quickly started to operate on Kronii.

Once in the ER, Mumei suited up along with her nurses. Together they quickly operated on Kronii's late gash near her waist. Looking inside the wound, Mumei saw what appeared to be broken pieces of metal. Mumei took her forceps and started to take them out one at a time. Next, she was ready to start stitching up Kronii's wound and tend to the other noticeable lesser wounds. Finished with the operation, Mumei and her nurses pulled their patient into a vacant room. Finally getting a chance to sit down. Mumei pulled out a blank medical chart.

"Do we know our patient's name?" asked Mumei.

"She's a Jane Doe Dr. Nanashi. From what the paramedic told us. She didn't have any identification on her, and she wasn't conscious when they found her." Nurse Calli replied.

"I see, well she's lucky to still be alive considering how much blood she must have lost. Speaking of which, we should go ahead and run some blood tests on her. Hopefully we have some blood on hand to help regulate her body."

Mumei turned to her sleeping patient and took a sample. Mumei then started to test Kronii's blood to determine which type of blood was hers, so she could see if their hospital had her blood on hand or see if she could find someone to donate blood for her patient. After studying the blood sample, Mumei couldn't figure out what blood type her patient had for some unknown reason. Finally giving up, Mumei then left her nurse to watch over Kronii, while she left to the President of the hospital's office. Mumei knocked on the door and was told to come in.

"Good evening, Kiara." said Mumei as she greeted her Boss.

"Ah Mumei, good Evening. What brings you here so late in the night?" said Kiara as she scribbled on one of her many papers.

"I was called in to help with a new patient that was just brought in. She was hit by a car and suffered from a large cut which caused her massive blood loss. I ran some tests to see what her blood type was but it seemed that none of the types matched hers. For my first attempt, I thought the test was contaminated, but after the second test, her results were the same. So I decided to come to you to get your opinion on this phenomenon, since you know more about hematology than I do. Could you take a look for me?" Mumei offered a blood sample to Kiara which she accepted.

Kiara however didn't need to second guess herself. For the second she looked at the sample, she could sense a vampire's blood right away. However, she didn't want to let one of her human doctors know that she herself is a half vampire. She proceeded to pretend to examine the blood sample through her microscope.

"You're right, there is something wrong. How about you go home and get some more rest? I'll take care of this patient for you." Said Kiara

"But she's my patient, though?" Mumei replied.

"That's an order Mumei. You already worked enough these past couple of weeks. It seems that you really are in need of rest if you missed something as simple as this. I promise she'll be yours afterwards." said Kiara.

"Are you sure?" Mumei questioned

"Definitely. Oh and before you do go, I'll need a small sample of your blood as well. Just in case you somehow contaminated it." Kiara requested.

Mumei gave a nod and allowed Kiara to take a small blood sample of hers. Finished, Mumei walked out of Kiara's office and returned to Kronii's room to inform the nurse that Kiara will be looking after their Jane Doe. Arriving in the room, Mumei noticed that the nurse wasn't there.

'She must have gone to the bathroom or something.' thought Mumei.

Mumei glanced at Kronii and still felt like something was not right. Mumei sighed and walked over to her patients to check up on her. Mumei did a quick exam on Kronii's vitals. And once again, Kronii's vitals were safe and stable, the only thing was her lack of blood loss. As Mumei put her patient's medical chart away, she couldn't help but turn her attention to Kronii's scar on her waist.

"Such a large scar, what were you doing to get such a wound? Were you attacked? Was it an accident? Why do I feel the need to know more about you?" Mumei began to question out loud.

Mumei then placed her hand on Kronii's scar, how long has it been for Mumei to feel genuine concern for a patient? After a few short seconds, Mumei gathered her belongings and went home. But little did Mumei know that Kiara was watching over her and Kronii.

Kiara: "I really hope that you don't get further involved with her, Mumei. Especially when it comes to her kind."