'Friend'

"Good morning, Dr. —"

"—Fauna. How are you? Hope your patients are doing great." said Calli and bowed down to greet.

Kronii couldn't believe who she's seeing right now. Now she's mad and worried. Worried for Mumei ; mad at Fauna.

"The president told me to take you to take care of Mumei's patient for now." said Calli.

"Mumei? What happened to Mumei?!" asked Fauna.

"Uh, trauma attack, I suppose? I'm not sure yet." said Calli.

Fauna worriedly nodded and looked at Kronii, only for her to also be surprised by the patient.

"Oh." said Fauna.

Kronii coldly stared at Fauna, Calli feeling worried about the aura she's feeling towards the two.

"Kronii~" said Fauna.

Calli flinched for Fauna already knows the patient's name.

"You know her?" asked Calli.

"Oh, yes, Calli. We were once friends, but that broke when— well, we humans scared them away." said Fauna.

Kronii laughs, confusing Calli.

"Nice one, Fauna. You're one of my kind, too." said Kronii.

Calli gasped and glared at Kronii. Kronii stood up, weak, but she was able to. Calli offered a hand which Kronii refused.

"Too much of learning magical spells, right Fauna?" asked Kronii sarcastically.

Fauna stare back into Kronii's eyes as she thinks of an answer.

"You're right. I learned a lot, that the president doesn't even know I'm one." said Fauna.

Kronii wants to hit Fauna, but she's weak to move and fell under Calli's arms. Kronii grunted.

"I'm not sorry if you're jealous. When Mumei left, my family started a new life, I didn't want to leave you but I had to. I just happen to meet Mumei on college, I didn't know we were in the same hospital at first though and she didn't remember me so it was... well, sad." said Fauna.

Kronii doesn't know if she should believe it or not. Knowing vampires of different families, some are great liars, and she knows that her so called friend is one.

"I don't think you two are good with each other, I'll just look for another—" Calli was cut off.

"It's fine, Calli. I'll take care of her." said Fauna.

"Are you sure?"

"Kronii is better with someone with her kind than humans. Who knows, she might just kill the other. Knowing the Ouro Family—"

"I am not part of that name anymore!" yelled Kronii.

"Human blood is disgusting." said Kronii.

Fauna could only smile, her chest felt light.

'I see, we'll get along again then, Kronii~' thought Fauna.

"Shall I take you to your room then, Kronii?" asked Fauna.

Kronii didn't want to, not until she gets an update about Mumei. Calli is needed in the ER and she can't lose time but she also can't leave the two. Kiara then walks out of the ER, only to see an awkward situation.

"Calli, what's happening?" asked Kiara.

"President Takanashi, good morning." Fauna greeted as she bows.