The Calm Doctor

After an hour and a half of Mumei's operation, Calli sat down and sighed heavily. She was offered a coffee by Kiara and accepted it. She took a sip and sighed of satisfaction. Kiara sat down with her as she also drinks her cup of coffee.

"Been a while, right? I, too, thought she was ready to care of patients." said Calli. Not wanting to have an awkward silence with Kiara.

"No, not really. I didn't think Mumei wasn't ready to care of patients. I thought, a hundred percent that she was completely fine to take care of patients. She already saved ten lives in the OR. Even though I limited her time as a surgeon, and just be in charge in the ER, she saved all that ten people ever since I was able to help her continue what she wanted to be in this hospital. She just wasn't able to continue because of Kronii. I believe that they once knew each other that it might be the cause of Mumei's trauma. "
said Kiara.

Calli couldn't respond. All she could do is pray for Mumei to be in good health. They've been friends for a while now and she's the type of person who'd break down to tears once she was left by someone important to her. Now, it has gotten awkward. Calli stands up and checks her wrist watch.

"I have to check on patient 143, so I'll get going." said Calli and left.

Kiara was then left with Mumei. A lot of things ran through Kiara's mind. A stubborn, choosy, cold vampire was sent to her hospital. Mumei who is diagnosed with some kind of trauma that was called in to check to Kronii, turns out to be childhood friends and then another one showed up and she's also in the same department as Mumei. Oh, what a chaos this week has gotten into Kiara's peaceful hospital. She wonders what's next, a horse that gets sent to a humans' hospital that was supposed to be in the veterinary hospital? Kiara sighs as she's never been this stressed in the past years. Kiara was then called in into the ER by a nurse for he witnessed Mumei's consciousness.

"Madam President, Dr. Nashi is awake and is looking for you."

"Sure and thanks."

Kiara then went in the ER to Mumei's bed. The ER seemed to be filled with a lot of patients now at this time so Kiara called for help to bring Mumei to a vacant room. Now that they're in Mumei's room, Kiara checked on Mumei's vitals and checked on her heartbeat. She's doing well now.

"You're doing well now, Mumei~" said Kiara.

Mumei sits down on the bed and looked at Kiara.

"Did Kronii drink my blood from the bag?" asked Mumei.

"No, I put your blood back to you. Unfortunately, with your past health issues, we can't continue the donation." said Kiara.

"But, Kronii's gonna die!" said Mumei.

"I know but, you also have to live. You're my top priority right now because you're important to me. Kronii is now under Dr. Fauna's so you don't have to worry."

"Fauna? Fauna... who?" asked Mumei.

"Fauna Ceres. The beauty with pastel green hair and golden eyes" said Kiara.

As much as how clear Mumei's past is now to her, her heart started to act up again. Remembering how much Kronii and Fauna would fight for her. Kiara saw her heart act up from the monitor and told Mumei to calm down.

"Take deep breaths, Mumei. You might faint again, and you just recovered." said Kiara.

"They're together right now? Did you know that it always worries me when those two are together?!" asked Mumei.

Kiara tilts her head for she doesn't understand Mumei.

"What do you mean?" asked Kiara.

"Fauna is the calmest doctor ever. You could never see her stressed nor mad over a patient." she added.

"Kiara, Kronii Ouro, Fauna Ceres, Ina'nis Ninomae. Those three, their parents had business with my family. Those three are vampires! You have to be careful with them, especially Kronii and Fauna now that they're together. If they ever see me, all they would totally do is fight over me. " said Mumei.

Kiara tilts her head as an act, not wanting Mumei's heart to go any worse.

"Mumei, you have to calm down. The only vampire here is Kronii, and if there are more, I should know." said Kiara.

Kiara wears the oxygen mask on Mumei for her to breathe slowly and calmly. Mumei couldn't help but feel anger inside her, as she then removes the mask off her.

"No, Kiara! Listen to me! Kronii and Fauna shouldn't be together because once they fight, either one will kill the other and I don't want that to happen!" yelled Mumei.

"Why would they fight over you?" asked Kiara.

"Isn't it obvious from Kronii and Fauna?" replied Mumei.

Kiara shakes her head as a no.

"Just please take me to Kronii. Please." said Mumei as she tries to calm herself down.

Kiara hesitates on following Mumei's demand for she's worried about Kronii. She hasn't drank blood and if this doesn't get solved, she's dead. Kiara doesn't and wouldn't want that. Kiara sighs and take out her phone to call Fauna.

"Moshi moshi, President Kiara talking. If you're free, please come to room 102." said Kiara.

Fauna didn't reply, but a thud was heard. Kiara flinched.

"Yes, President." said Fauna and ended the call.

Kiara worries, for Fauna's voice was a little shaky. She put down her phone and turned to Mumei.

"Fauna will be here," said Kiara.

Mumei wanted Kronii but getting to talk to Fauna is a little better since she's calmer than Kronii. She smiles at Kiara and thanked her.

———

author: wdk where this story is going now