A Flare Of Power-Part 9

??????: *Could you two stop plucking at my feathers?!?* Croak!

The axolotl and leopard gecko were nipping at the raven's tail. The duo had been chasing after him the whole morning. No matter how high he flew, they'd always find a way to him. He tried hiding in corners or crevasses, but they eventually found him. This day in particular, they were trying to make a burrow to hibernate and they needed something to build that burrow. The two speed demons found some black feathers lying around. Curious to where it came from and if they could get more, they started searching. The black feathers led to the raven who was sleeping on a doorframe. The axolotl and leopard gecko crawled up the wall and snuck up behind the raven. The two leaped at the raven and held onto his back. The raven woke up in a panic and tried flying away but his body was being weighed down by the two critters. He plummeted to the ground and crawled for his life.

???????: *Y/N!!! HEEEEELP MEEE!!!!!!!*

Stella was in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone in the palace. You were sat at the dining table with octavia, patiently waiting for your morning meal. Stella was humming to herself in a beautiful tone while she was making crépes along side of eggs & bacon, toast, and hash browns. She turned off the stove and took out a set of plates from the cupboard before filling them up with the food she cooked.

Stella: Pringles! Breakfast is ready!

While you were sitting at the dining table, pringles came strutting into the dining room and took the seat opposite from you. Pringles wore a calm smile while swinging his legs as they dangled off the chair. Stella walked over to the dining table and placed a steaming hot plate of eggs, bacon, and hash browns in front of you.

Y/N: Thank you Stella.

Stella: You're most certainly welcome.

She served Octavia and pringles their plates as well before she made a plate of her own. The raven flew into the dining room at great speeds before landing on your head.

Y/N: Oh, good morning.

??????: *I dont know how much i can take of those wretched beasts! They are making my life a misery. I cant get to their brains at all, its like they're are non-existent.* Croak!

Soon the axolotl and leopard gecko entered the dining room and crawled up the legs of your chair in pursuit of the raven. The raven flew off to evade the attack from the two. You all ate the amazing breakfast and you took everyone's plates to wash before getting ready to go to work. Just before the door closed, the raven slipped through the gap.

???????: *Why must we live in a place filled with such chaotic beings?* Croak!

Y/N: *You dont necessarily have to think of it in that sense. There's a lot more things that balance out that negative aspect for you. I'm sure you'll be able to make peace with those two back at the palace.*

???????: *I doubt in a millennia they will come to terms with me. * Croak!

Y/N: *Well find out if that statement stays true till then.*

[4 Hours Later]

You were heading back home after another shift of work. You chose to stay one more hour until the other worker came in to clock you out. As you were walking closer to the palace's doorsteps, you could feel a power aura emanating from inside.

Y/N: *Did you feel that?*

???????: *Yes, i feel like i recognize this aura but im not sure where. It feels twisted, dark, and filled with rage. Stay vigilant when entering.* Croak!

You carefully opened the front door and immediately could hear shouting coming from within. You peaked around the corner and saw stella yelling at someone who looked like a male goetic demon.