Going To The Next Level-Part 12

Y/N: I'll be back in a bit.

You closed the door on your way out of the palace. You eagerly raced down the steps of the front porch to catch up with the raven. It was idly gliding up above as you walked down the streets.

Y/N: So where are we gunna be training at?

??????: *You'll see when we get there.* Croak!

You continued to follow wherever the raven was guiding you.

[SLASH!!!!!!!!] [Montage Sequence]

??????: *Welcome to the Pillar of Reapers. We made this place our own settlement, with what was left of my brethren i managed to find across hell. The three of us sparred each other using every single type of fighting style there was known to exist in the world. This area is practically a monument now.* Croak!

You came across a small meadow that had old broken down scarecrows laying up against a stone wall that ran across the field. On the farthest edges of the grassy plains were three tall quartz pillars that stood from the ground. They were covered in vines and moss, showing how old they had become as time passed in the underworld.

??????: *Today, you begin your training.* Croak!

[SLASH!!!!!!!!]

Octavia was going out for a stroll until she heard someone battling not too far away. She went closer to investigate the noise and saw you sparring with a scarecrow, which greatly peaked her curiosity.

Y/N: Arrrggh!! Shit that hurts!

??????: *Don't leave yourself wide open like that. Now get back up and try again.* Croak!

Octavia pushed herself onto the stone wall to sit and watch you progress. The raven flew to her side letting out a small croak.

Octavia: Giving him a hard time?

??????: *I have to, but he's capable of taking a beating. He can get back up as if nothing had phased him.* Croak!

[SLASH!!!!]

Abruptly, a large squadron of scarecrows stood up from the ground.

??????: *Here are some of the practice dummies you will be testing your skills out on.* Croak!

Y/N: These things aren't alive are they?

??????: *They still have some magic embedded within, which allows them to be animate. Go on, give it a try.* Croak!

The scarecrow pick up a branch from the ground and wielded it as its weapon. You exerted your black wings from your body and summoned your scythe before you. You raised your scythe over your head before swinging it at the scarecrow.

[SLASH!!!!!!!]

You were clashing with an exorcist in the sky. You raised the handle of your scythe infront of you and blocked a downwards slash attack. You knocked the spear away before flying to the exorcist's blindspot and driving the scythe into its back. The blade came out the other side of its body, piercing out from its stomach. You ripped your scythe out as the exorcist's ragdoll corpse fell to the ground. You almost were struck by another exorcist as it tried attacking from below but you spun out of the way. You were evading multiple attacks from the other exorcists as they advanced towards you. You flew straight up into the air and climbed higher as you went. Soon you were surrounded by six exorcists after they had chased you up into the atmosphere. As they tried to attack you all at once, you twisted your body while reeling your scythe back as far as you could. In a split second, you quickly spun in a circle cutting off the heads of the exorcists. After they fell to the ground, mist started rolling off their bodies revealing a decapitated scarecrow. You tucked your wings in and started to free fall backwards. The wind was blowing past your head as you gradually started diving head first. You flared your wings out last second and flipped in the air before superhero landing back onto the ground. Octavia was clapping and cheering you on while sitting on the stone wall. She dropped down from it and walked over to you.