The champ

Hi guys, I wanted to try out a new story on wattpad so enjoy.

CHPTER 1

I was 7 years old when my mother divorced my dad because of me. She said that I was a mistake, I wasn't meant to live. But my dad thought otherwise, he loved me and he didn't want to put me in an orphanage thus they got divorced.

I loved my dad, he was a boxer, but he quit his job to raise me. I always called him champ, short for champion. He put posters of himself fighting on the walls. And when I was 8 he tried to teach me. I only learned the basics, he always said that he wanted me to become just like him. I became 9, and we didn't have enough money for our nessasary needs. There was a competition against 'the strongest fighter' as they called that asshole. Both the winner and the loser would win 10,000,000 dollars. Everybody was too afraid, they said he was too strong. The doctors told my dad that his body is very weak and that he might die from this round, but he said no, I will bring the money for my daughter.

My dad entered the ring, and I was standing, watching him with a smile. John, my dads best friend gave me a smile of pity. But I was too young to understand. I cheered my father on. Then he fell down and didn't wake up for a whole minute. So he lost, then his team carried him away and I followed. They put him in a room on a white bed.

"Cory" he whispered.

"Yes champ, that was awesome!!!" I laughed.

"I love you Cory" he said, and touched my cheek, then his hand fell, lifeless, beside him.

I laughed.

"Come on champ wake up" I smiled, but he wouldn't wake up.

"C-champ". No answer

"W-wake up". No answer

"We have to go home" no answer

"CHAMP, WAKE UP" I screamed.

"Johnny, please wake him up" I looked at John, but he sat on the chair and cried.

"Champ" I whispered and started shaking him.

A hand sat on my shoulder, I looked up to find a doctor standing behind me, and I smiled.

"Doctor, wake him up" I frowned turning my gaze upon champ.

"He didn't have enough money for the treatment" he paused.

"He is gone, child" he said with no emotionally. I froze, the champ is gone. It's all his fault.

I ran out of the room to find my dad's opponent sitting with a boy on his lap, and many other people were around him. Tears blurred my vision. And I charged. He pushed his son off, and I started kicking, biting and scratching. Laughing was all I heard, they were LAUGHING because I want revenge. Even he was laughing.

He carried me up, and smiled.

"A fan" he said.

"You killed champ" I cried, and struggled. He laughed along with the other people there.

"Murderer" I cried, and he let me go. I dropped down to the floor and cried. LAUGHING was all I heard.

"You killed champ" I cried and they laughed harder. Then John came out.

"The money" he said. He laughed and gave him a check.

"Come on Cory" John said.

"It's Coraline" I cried.

"Let's go" he said calmly, taking me away from the laughter.

A man stopped us at the door and handed John a CD.

"Thank you" said John and we left.

When I became twelve, I understood everything. John bribed the journalist into not putting the real story on the tv and newspapers.

"Hey Coraline" John said.

"Hmm" I answered.

"Your father left you a note" he said and handed me an envelope and the camera. I put the camera aside and opened the envelope.

Dear Cora,

I love you. I love you. I love you. I knew I was going to die. So I told John to hold on to the money I won for you. I wish I was there to help you master boxing. But I am not, please don't forget the last minute you saw me in no matter how bad it is. Don't destroy that memory. But don't give up.

Love, the champ.

I cried and john held me. then I opened the camera. It was our last memory together.

I am now sixteen, I am an excellent boxer. And I tracked down Jeremy, my fathers murderer. John has taken good care of me. I love him. But I hate it when someone calls me Cory, or Cora because they make me feel vulnerable weak and hopeless. Anyway I convinced John to take me to Alaska the place were the murderer lives. But he doesn't know the real reason behind my move. He thinks it's because I want to move on. Ha. Move on. Nice one Johnny.

I am NEVER gonna move on until Jeremy is KILLED by ME.

Don't say that I am crazy, because I know that you would've done the same thing if it was your father. I WILL KILL HIM, even if it would take my life.

"Are you ready?" I heard John say.

"Yah" I smiled.

"Don't you wanna say bye to your friends" he frowned.

"Already did" I smiled. Lie. I don't have any friends.

"Okay, sleep tight tomorrow is gonna be a hard day" he smiled and closed my bedroom door.

I couldn't sleep. I felt like I forgot something. The box!

I jumped out of bed and without a noise I jumped out of the window. It was easy because we were on the first floor. I ran towards the forest to a small waterfall. Then I started digging. I always came here it helps me feel calm. I hope I could find something like this in Alaska. I found it. I pulled the box out and opened it with my necklace. You see, my dad kept this in his room and gave me the necklace the night before the............. Accident. Inside sat labeled CDs of my life. And many pictures and two pairs of black boxing mitts. I smiled. There were posters of him. Then I reached the last item. A box. I tried opening it but again it was no use. There was a key hole. And it wasn't the same as my necklace. I sighed and picked the box and went back home.