Part 12: Acceptance of Desire

GRIFFIN'S APARTMENT - Sunday, December 25th 20XX. 2:30 pm

Suddenly, I woke up in a sweat and my heart was racing. I was having dreams of my childhood but why? Then I looked down to see my phone buzzing. It was Jeffery, but I had let it ring until it went to voicemail a couple of minutes later Lilian started calling. What was going on? And why did it feel like this was the end of it all?

I quickly answered the phone, "Griffin! Where are you?" She asked in a frantic. "I'm at home, why? What's going on?" I sat up on the couch. "Harrison... He has everyone held captive at First Republic Bank." She exclaimed, "I'll be right there. Don't worry!" I replied as I hung up to get cleaned up and then ran out the door.

My mind was racing, for the most part, I was sober. This was way out of his M.O. of killing yet I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have his crossbow with him. What the fuck was he thinking? 

I got into my car and drove as fast as I could. 

FIRST REPUBLIC BANK - Sunday, December 25th 20XX. 2:50 pm

Once I had gotten to the bank, I noticed it was surrounded by police cars, cruisers, and even the FBI. Jesus...

I instantly parked my car next to Lillian's, Jeffery wasn't too far from us either but I tried not to make contact with him. "Ok, give me the run down," I said, her arms crossed she looked at me. "Harrison and your girlfriend are there with the whole staff of this bank being held, hostage." She added and I froze. "She's not my girlfriend!" I gritted my teeth and started walking up to the bank. 

"What are you doing Griffin? Get back here!" Lillian yelled and I noticed Jeffery roll his eyes. "Let him do his job, it's not our case." He said with a condescending tone, I pretended not to hear him and continued walking up to the doors of the bank. 

I asked my fellow officers to step aside so I could walk in. I stepped in cautiously, the air was still and quiet. "Ahhh, well if it isn't Eli..." I turned to see Harrison standing next to all the hostages. "Merry Christmas, how has your holiday been?" He asked with a sickening smile, I noticed Blair standing uncomfortably. I remembered everything I said to her this morning, "Honestly, pretty shitty." I replied with a humorous tone, and he laughed. "I always seem to be stuck with you and your daughter," I added and I noticed her smile at my remark.  

I had my gun at my hip, prepared for anything that was going to go down today. "I see your face still looks like shit." He laughed again and I tensed my jaw, "Oh, no need to be hostile I only wanted to find a mutual agreement between us." He said as he started to walk closer to me, and I could tell that Blair was anxious as he did. I immediately pulled out my gun and pointed it straight at him, "I am so fucking sick and tired of you." I replied angrily and he held up his hands almost as a joke. "Oh please don't shoot me, detective."  He said in a damsel's voice.  

FIRST REPUBLIC BANK - Sunday, December 25th 20XX. 3:45 pm

"I know you fucking won't." He chuckled and Blair tried to walk up to us, "Dad, let's just let them go. And, then we can go anywhere you want. I promise." She said worriedly for his safety. Yet, he turned to her and slapped her across the face in which she fell to the ground. "Stop fucking talking, and know your place bitch." He said furiously, but that was my last straw.

I lunged at him and tackled him to the ground, my gun went flying right in front of Blair. I started throwing punches at him as I sat over top of him. Punch after punch, until Blair pointed the gun at us.

I quickly got up as she pointed the gun at both of us. "Get up, Harrison," Blair said angrily, he got up cautiously. I could see the tears in her eyes that were pure frustration. "Woah. Blair calm down! Lower the gun." I replied calmly, I quietly signaled some of the FBI agents to come in slowly as she focused on me. Her eyes were filled with pain and hatred, I felt partially to blame.  "Yes! Good girl Blair! Shoot him!" Harrison tried to instigate her. "Shut up! I'm not fucking listening to you anymore!" She exclaimed and he looked furious.